Recently, I went to my girlfriend’s baby shower. I am always amazed at how much cuter baby stuff gets every year. My oldest is 3 ½, so it was four years ago that I completed my baby registry and in those four years, baby products have become much more useful and sophisticated. There were two items in particular that my friend received that I wanted to share.
The first is a portable Moses basket by Lalapanzi. “Lalapanzi” is Zulu for a place to sleep. The Lalapanzi Bed™ was designed with closeness in mind. It is not easy to travel with infants – they sleep best in their own beds. Lalapanzi helps keep things consistent for your baby through the following features:
• Made to fit in a crib so that infants can get used to sleeping in their travel bed from birth
• Soft side walls offer similar protection to that of a crib bumper
• Oval shape simulates mother’s womb. Ultra soft fabrics are chosen for the inside to enhance warmth and coziness.
• At only 5 pounds, the Lalapanzi Bed is lightweight and its sturdy carry handles makes it easily portable.
• The Lalapanzi Bed features the all important soft oval shaped frame, allowing mom to fold her baby’s favorite bed and take it everywhere she goes (it folds up very compact).
You can find out more about this great baby item at lalapanzibeds.com.
The other gift is a Maclaren rocker/bouncy seat. It costs about $120.00 and easily switches to stationary mode which is great for feeding and includes soothing vibrations, a removable toy bar, and a canopy. It comes in a variety of colors, even one designed specifically by Kate Spade (see picture). Other features include:
• Lightweight compact fold with carry straps for portability
• Adjustable seat recline
• 5-point safety harness
• Removable faux suede head hugger
• Coordinates with 2008 Techno XLR buggies, Baby Carriers, and Recaro Car Seat
Go to maclarenbaby.com for more information.
Let us know if you have discovered any new cool designs for baby essentials. We are always looking for Smarty tips:-)