Smarty Podcast: Resources for kids with learning differences
Welcome back to the Charlotte Smarty Pants podcast series, which is powered by Charlotte Star Room, Charlotte’s premier boutique music development and corporate video production studio + the best Pop Star birthday parties in the QC, AND professional voice lessons in a studio.
We are SO excited to announce that you can now find the Smarty podcast series on iTunes! So, please subscribe and share!
Today Smarties Jen P. and Cheryl are talking to Michelle Toler, Director of Student and Academic Affairs at the Fletcher School. Michelle holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education and has worked with students who learn differently for over twenty years. She was the founding Head of School at Epiphany, a school in Charlotte for students with Asperger’s. In her current role at Fletcher, Michelle is responsible for all aspects of student life, from admissions through graduation.
Click here to listen to the podcast.
In this podcast, we’ll touch on the following topics:
– What are the benefits of The Fletcher School’s unique educational program?
– About The Fletcher School and the students they serve
– How does my child learn best?
– The benefits of small class sizes and multi-modal / multisensory teaching
– How does my child process language?
– About the Orton-Gillingham teaching method
– Does my child’s performance meet his/her potential?
– Identifying early signs of a learning difference
– Where’s the best place to start if I think my child has a learning difference?
– What are some other schools and resources available in Charlotte that serve children with special needs?
– Is there a rise in demand for schools/resources for children with learning differences? Does technology or other factors contribute to an increase in their prevalence?
– What does success look like for children with learning differences?
Find out more about The Fletcher School at: www.thefletcherschool.org
Learn more and register for Rankin Institute community workshops at: www.thefletcherschool.org/rankin-institute/
Learning Disabilities Association of America, Inc.
North Carolina Branch of IDA
Learning Ally (formerly Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (CHADD)
Understood for Learning and Attention Issues
Want more Smarty podcasts? Click here and share, share, share!
The Fletcher School
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
About Charlotte Star Room
– Music Development programs for singers & songwriters looking to explore their talents and maximize their exposure. We work with individuals at all levels of artistic experience, from the beginner to the professional!
– Pro In-Studio Vocal Lessons • Artist Development • Recording • In-Studio YouTube Music Videos • Original Music Production
– Unique in-studio birthday parties called “Pop Star Parties”
– Professional video production services for all commercial needs, from small business to corporate. Specializing in digital storytelling from concept to completion, we deliver superior creative visual solutions for your business or organization.
– Web Promo, E-Learning, Testimonials, Commercial Content, Social Media Shorts, and more.
5110 Park Road-Suite 2J
Charlotte NC 28209