Hit Carowinds this weekend for KidsFest – a Just-For-Kids Celebration!
Join our Smarty friends at Carowinds this weekend for their popular KidsFest – A Just-for-Kids Celebration with performances by Choo Choo Soul and the PEANUTS™ Gang! KidsFest, a celebration for the youngest Carowinds’ guests, is happening this Saturday, July 15 and Sunday, July 16. This summer festival is fun and educational for Carowinds’ smaller fans and highlights all the best things about being a kid including: dance parties, science experiments, interactive games and activities and a meet and greet with local heroes. All activities will take place on both days unless otherwise specified.
Jam out at KidsFest!
– All Aboard! Disney Junior’s musical act Choo Choo Soul will perform at PEANUTS™ Showplace at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
– The street team from K104.7-FM will greet guests in the Harmony Hall midway on Saturday from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Catch a performance
– The PEANUTS™ Gang has put together a special performance exclusively for KidsFest. Catch Lucy Van Pelt’s Summer Vacation Celebration at 11 a.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
– The Community Blood Center of the Carolinas (CBCC) will also perform skits to encourage parents to become local lifesavers through blood donation at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Kids can also stop by their table for DIY coloring pages.
Meet your local heroes!
– Local heroes from Flint Hill Fire Department will host a meet-and-greet from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Officers from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) will be on hand Saturday from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. and the York County Sheriff’s Department on Sunday from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Have fun with science and sports!
– Explore science from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. with Atomz Lab, an enrichment program that teaches through hands-on activities about the law of physics.
– Test out your archery skills at the Cabela’s S.A.F.E. archery range. Open from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., kids can use foam-tipped arrows to shoot floating targets out of the air.
KidsFest is being held in Planet Snoopy, with activities around every corner. From a local DJ spinning family-friendly dance tunes to the pop-up game vendor booths, there is fun for kids of all ages at this summer celebration.
Carowinds, a 400-acre theme park located on the border of North and South Carolina, is home to more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, including 13 world-class rollercoasters and Carolina Harbor, a top-rated 27-acre water park.
Carowinds is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, two outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.