Team Plym hit Carowinds’ all new Carolina Harbor to kick off our #summer2016 fun! With temps reaching triple digits today, you may want to pack up the fam and head to the Carolinas’ largest waterpark! Your kids won’t be disappointed!
New to Carowinds in 2016 – Boomerang Bay has undergone a historic transformation into the all new Carolina Harbor Waterpark. In addition to revamping previous popular waterpark attractions, Carolina Harbor brings many new attractions geared for families and thrill seekers. The new expansion doubles the amount of water slides at Carowinds. Here are the highlights:
1) There is a new EXCLUSIVE waterpark entrance. No more hauling all of your coolers and bags across the park if you’re just going to the waterpark. You can come and go whenever you feel like it.
2) More Cabanas – there are now more than 40 new luxury cabanas at the wave pools and the new two-acre family area. Click here to reserve your cabana, now all you need is a pool boy!
3) More lounging areas – an additional 1,100 lounging chairs are available for you to relax, enjoy the sun and beat the Carolina heat.
4) New Family Bathhouse. In addition to upgraded family changing areas, a new bath house has been added for additional capacity.
5) New – Blackbeard’s Revenge. This is the best new attraction according to the Plym kids! This new six-story tall water slide complex features three attractions (six exhilarating slides). Pirate’s Plank sends guests plummeting down a nearly vertical free fall where the floor drops out from underneath. Captain’s Curse twists and turns riders through an enclosed chute with four intense 360-degree turns. And Cannonball Drop shoots guests down a series of intense drops and turns.
6) New – Seaside Splashworks. Need a place for the family to soak up some fun? Big kids and little kids alike will love Seaside Splashworks, part of the new, expansive two-acre family area. This multi-level play structure features over 80 play elements, including dozens of interactive spray jets, water guns, adventuresome net bridges, awesome water wheels, six impressive water slides and a giant 423-gallon tipping bucket that drenches everyone below. It’s the perfect mixture of adventure, relaxation and entertainment.
7) New – Myrtle Turtle Beach. Fittingly inspired by Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – this all new play area is specifically geared for toddlers and their families. The kiddos will love the playful water jets that spray every which way and the interactive water play area. The parents can enjoy the seclusion and shade.
8) New – Kiddy Hawk Cove. This new family area is inspired by Kitty Hawk, North Carolina – the birthplace of flight. You’ll find spray jets, splash areas and more! Together with Seaside Splashworks and Kiddy Hawk Cove, Carolina Harbor has a total of two acres specifically created for families.
9) New – Surf Club Harbor. Surf’s up at Surf Club Harbor, a new, 27-000 square-foot wave pool that offers everyone the opportunity to catch a wave. With eight massive generators cranking out monstrous waves of up to six feet high, guests can feel like they’re splashing in the high surf of the Atlantic Ocean. Plus, children will love the interactive water geysers designed just for them at the base of the pool. Guests can also enjoy live entertainment on the outdoor stage while soaking up fun in the water.
10) Smarty tip on attire – Check out this page for proper attire. Our boys have divets on the back pockets of their Billabong surfer shorts and they could not ride many of the rides on one of our visits. It was a rookie mistake on my part, I had NO idea their swimsuit was against code. So learn from my mistake!
Share your Smarty Carowinds pics on CSP instagram with #carolinaharbor. We’d love to see them all summer long!