Smarty Note: This blog was originally posted on Pure Barre’s website, written by Kat Collins. A former Pure Barre National Brand Ambassador who works in health and wellness marketing. She lives in a New York state of mind while LTB’ing around her hometown of Chicago.
The “Pure Madness” March Challenge is here!
Who is ready to take it up a notch?
Try out these 10 tips and tricks to take your LTB practice to the next level by finishing one of Pure Barre’s toughest challenges of the year with your chin high and your heels higher.
- Buy New Sticky Socks: As a golden rule, new challenge means new socks. You know what they say – Give a girl the right sticky socks and she can conquer the world! Get your favorite color, or pair you’ve been eyeing, to keep your toes smilin’. Don’t forget to wash them inside out and air dry to keep them fresh.
- Extra Time, Extra Warm: It’s never fun to rush in at last second right before warm up starts. Especially with the chilly weather and more layers, give yourself some extra time before class. Show up 5-10 minutes early to kindly take your body from the street into the studio, stretching out some of your kinks (like in your wrists and calves) to be extra warm for class.
- Push Through The Planks: After your 90-second forearm plank, try not to drop to your knees. Instead, pause, and listen for the next cue from your teacher and move right into the next position. Keeping your body consistently engaged throughout warm up will make your body (and mind!) EVEN stronger.
- Back Arm Burn Out: Be a Tri-Champ! Go for big bends in your elbows during back of the arm work in sitting, and super straight arms while standing, unless otherwise specified by your teacher. Remember to really squeeze and lift from the back of your arm to burn it out fast.
- Sprint Hard: It’s an amazing feeling AND accomplishment to do all of your thigh sprints without breaking form once. Will it burn? Yes! Will you survive? YES! Take the challenge in your next class and see for yourself. When you think you’re about to quit, close your eyes and reset your focus. That Final 10 will be here before you know it!
- Swap Your Spot Or Class Time: Shake it up by checking out a new time or spot at the barre for one class. See how a different time of day or view in the room affects your body to keep growing outside of your comfort zone. New time, new spot, new teacher, new faces, new possibilities. Try it out!
- Heels Up Up Up: During high-heeled positions, resist letting them lower (even a centimeter!) as your legs start to fatigue. Every inch and every second counts! Remember, the higher the heels, the stronger the thighs.
- Abs on Abs on Abs: On Abs. Seriously, though. Work on your muscle memory by standing an inch taller while pulling you navel to your spine throughout your entire class. Before you know it, you’ll start doing this automatically. Hello, flat abs!
- Let’s Hear You Breathe!: Your teacher cues your inhales and exhales, but do you really do it? (Think about those sections underneath the barre!) Promise you, it’s not just for fun – From keeping your heart rate up to helping you set pace and focus, every exhale has a purpose. Not feeling the difference from using your breath more? Ask your teacher what’s up.
- Race To The Shake: Create a little friendly competition between “me, myself and I.” Challenge yourself to find your shake zone right away – within the first five moves of your set. The faster the shake, the faster the change in your body!
When: March 1st to March 31st, 2019
How it works: Come to class, earn a point. Bring a new, local friend for their first class free, and earn 2 points. Take at least 20 classes in 31 days!
*to bring friends, have them create an account online and register for class using first class free
Click here to sign up for a class at Pure Barre Southpark.
What are the prizes:
Person with the most points gets $100 off their next unlimited month
2nd place gets $75 off their next unlimited month
3rd place gets $50 off their next unlimited month
All who complete 20 classes will receive $15 off their next month
KEEP YOUR BEST GOING STRONG IN 2019!
To keep you motivated our first challenge will start March 1st! This will be a 40 day challenge with new rules and new challenges!
* If you are not on a current membership, email us now for 40 days for only $150! This must start March 1st and will end April 9th.
12 Classic + 1 Empower + 1 Intensive + 1 Reform = $135 for your next month
16 Classic + 2 Empower + 1 Intensive + 1 Reform = $115 for your next month
25 Classic + 2 Empower + 1 Intensives + 2 Reform = $95 for your next month
Click here to sign up for a class at Pure Barre Myers Park.
Looking for an extra way to get a bonus class?!! Bring a friend in and if they sign up for the month you get a “free class” added to your challenge, plus your $25 referral bucks towards your next package! It’s a win win for everyone!