‘Tis the season for spending extra time with loved ones, which is great, except it may leave you with a little less time to work out. Plus, you’ll be more likely to indulge in certain not-so-healthy foods. And while we know it’s hard to resist your favorite holiday meals, rest assured that there are plenty of ways to burn off those extra calories during winter. Luckily we’ve got some creative ideas on how to balance out the yummy holiday fare.
– Shopping counts as cardio, right? It sure does! Checking out your favorite shops at the mall is a fun, easy way to burn calories. The best part is you don’t even need to spend any money… simply go window shopping for a couple hours and you’ll get a good workout in the process. Or just exchange the gifts you don’t want. We won’t tell!
– Clean up after your guests. You’ll probably have lots of people over during the holidays, so use housework as a way to fit in some exercise while being productive. Vacuum, mop, sweep, or scrub away the calories! And while you’re preparing dinner, turn on some upbeat music to get your dance on while you cook.
– Contrary to popular belief, snow is actually your friend during winter! Why? Because it gives you so many reasons to move and work off those calories. From shoveling to snowshoeing, skiing, and snowboarding, to snowball fights and snow angels… snow leaves you with no excuses to not work out.
– Ice-skating is another winter activity that counts as both exercise and a great time. Head to your nearest rink with your closest friends and enjoy yourselves for about 90 minutes.
– Decorate for the season. Climbing up and down a ladder to string the lights outside your house burns more calories than you think. So does putting up your Christmas tree, so get in the spirit!
You see, there’s no excuse to stay put this winter. Before you know it, you’ll be burning off those extra holiday calories without even knowing it.
Get a jump on personal fitness plans for 2015 NOW
New members at Title Boxing Club Ayrsley can now receive a 2 week membership to give to a friend – SUCH a great holiday gift. Plus, plan ahead. Title Boxing will have a booth at the NC Fitness Expo on the weekend of January 17-18. Smarties can stop by and learn more about TITLE Boxing Club and receive a cool gift :-).
For more information on TITLE Boxing Club and their Charlotte locations: