The Divine Consign Show of Charlotte is looking for fashion savvy moms to sell their high end boutique and trunk show clothing for their upcoming show from September 30-October 4, 2008. So clean out your closets, Smarties and make room for your children’s new Fall wardrobe at super Smarty bargain prices!
The Divine Consign Show is an upscale children’s clothing consignment and overstock sale that focuses on boutique and trunk show lines. They consign only the finest children’s clothing from the very best boutiques and trunks so that both sellers and shoppers have the experience they desire. There is no digging for good stuff, because at the Divine Consign Show, it’s all good! I went to the Spring Show this year and didn’t need a stitch of clothing for my kids – famous last words, right?! Well I walked out of there with 8 new outfits, all new with tags from their super Smarty overstocks. This season, they are featuring overstocks from Wish Upon a Star, Kate & Libby, Two Friends, 3 Mommas and Zsa Zsa. They also have overstocks from a boutique with lines like Tea, Shilav and Zucchini. It’s safe to assume that most of their items are $30 and under with the exception of some smocked items.
So here is the scoop on the rules of consigning:
- What are the benefits of consigning? You get to shop the Preview Night and get first dibs on all the stuff in your children’s sizes. This is especially good for someone like me who is still obsessed with matching her identical twin boys (someday, they will be annoyed with me!). Both consignors and volunteers can shop at 5pm on Preview Night. Smarty tip – arrive early, the line was around the corner when I rolled in at 4:50pm!
- Go to the DCS website and you can register as a consignor online. The links to register, create tags for your clothing and view your sales during the show are on the site.
- DCS accepts only boutique and trunk clothing – no store brands (Circo, Cherokee, JKhaki, etc.).
- They don’t sell baby gear (high chairs, strollers, carseats, etc.) and no shoes.
- Consignors receive 70% of their asking price.
- Consignors must sell 10 items to shop the Preview Night.
Divine Consign has made buying and selling precious clothes so easy and affordable. For some reason, I haven’t bought a ton of clothes for fall, very unusual for me. So I will be there for sure! Happy tagging!