I am a HUGE lover of Christmas. I love everything about it. But I have to say that I have never been to see the McAdenville Lights. My grandparents retired in a town called Santa Claus, Indiana so I always got my “fill” over there. (Yes, Christmas is a very big deal in Santa Claus, Indiana!) So I have decided I am going to try to get to McAdenville this year. I know my 2 year old would go nuts for it. The official lighting is today at 4:45. The lights will glow through December 26th. According to their website (chock full of information) they glow weeknights from 5:30 to 9:30pm and weekends til 11:00pm. They say the route is approximately two miles long, on weekends it may take 30-45 minutes to drive the two miles, most weeknights it will take less time. You could also walk the route but I imagine it would be very cold. I will report back after I go.
Directions from Charlotte (according to their website)
- Travel South on 85 from Charlotte
- Once through Charlotte, travel approximately 7 miles.
- Cross the Catawba River
- Take exit 27 at the end of the exit ramp.
- Turn left, travel for about one mile, turn right onto US 29-74
- Stay on US 29-74 for about 6 miles cross the South Folk River travel 1 mile and turn right onto Wesleyan Drive (Town of McAdenville)
If you go or have gone in the past and have tips please leave a comment below!