Distance Learning: Tips (for teachers and parents)
1. Prep the student by letting them know how you’ll be meeting (via an iPad or computer) and for how long. Include a timer or clock if applicable to your child.
2. Things to discuss prior to meeting : It is okay for student to ask for stretch breaks, bathroom/water breaks as needed and express when audio or visual are not operating correctly
3. Wear headphones to limit distractions within the home and to allow the tutor to hear you more clearly.
4. Materials to prepare before beginning: Notebook paper, pencils, whiteboard + dry erase marker
5. Keep materials from each session in the same accessible area.
6. Communicate with caregivers about technology accessibility prior to sessions. What barriers might the student face?
International Dyslexia Association FREE Bi-Weekly Webinars to Support Learning
National Center for Learning Disabilities: A Collection of Tools, Resources, and Tips for Parents and Educators, as well as Legislative Resources
Resources to Support Distance Learning:
Book Widgets – A platform to create interactive games
Wordwall – A platform to create interactive games
Really Great Reading – Interactive Letter Tiles