Sunday Smarty Share from SHARE Charlotte: Oh Baby, What a Great Cause!
By Addie Rising, SHARECharlotte.org, a free, easy and local website that makes it easy to learn about and engage with our local nonprofits. #GivingTuesdayCLT runs through Tuesday, Nov. 29. Visit GivingTuesdayCLT.org to learn how you can support 174 local nonprofits.
My youngest is 8 now, so it’s been awhile since I’ve had a baby in the house. But around the holidays I love looking at the sweet little onesies and outfits. As I chase my son through, well, anywhere, I glance at strollers and remember the days of baby immobility and how nice that was. And then I start to remember the costs of everything that goes with a baby. The diapers, the formula and the clothing to keep up with the nonstop, rapid growth.
It’s easy to cast judgement about planning for children and making sure one is financially stable first, etc. But sometimes even if these things are planned to the minute, an illness, job change or even a natural disaster can alter a situation very quickly. Thankfully, there are organizations working in Mecklenburg County who can assist those who cannot easily afford all the “stuff” that goes with having a baby.
Four organizations participating in #GivingTuesdayCLT work with Charlotte’s tiniest neighbors to provide essentials and medical care and need our support:
– Baby Bundles provides new and gently used clothing and other baby essentials to underprivileged newborns in the Charlotte area.
– Bottles N Bottoms works with agencies to provide the basic essentials of diapers and formula.
– Bee Mighty provides funding for medical therapy and equipment to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) graduates.
– Florence Crittendon Services promotes health and hope for tomorrow’s children by providing comprehensive health, educational and social services for single pregnant and non-pregnant adolescents, women and their families.
Get Involved with #GivingTuesdayCLT
#GivingTuesdayCLT is gearing up for a BIG finish in TWO days! There is still time to jump in a get involved:
Dine Out for GOOD: There are several restaurants supporting #GivingTuesdayCLT. Take a night off from cooking and feel good about it!
– Brixx Wood Fired Pizza: Donating $3 per every “Rustica” pizza sold in all locations to #GivingTuesdayCLT General Fund
– Golden Cow Creamery: Donating % of sales for the entire month of November to #GivingTuesdayCLT General Fund
– Bojangles: Donating 10% of sales on Nov. 29 from 5-8 p.m. at 31 stores to the #GivingTuesdayCLT General Fund
– Sonny’s BBQ: Donating 10% of sales on Nov. 29 from 5-8 p.m. at all Charlotte area locations to Florence Crittenton Services, Inc.
Do Good AND Look GOOD! Our exclusive 704 Shop #GivingTuesdayCLT “Do Good” tees are still available for purchase online! All proceeds from the sale of each shirt are donated to #GivingTuesdayCLT!
Join us at Sugar Creek Brewing Co.: Nov. 29 from 6-10 p.m. we’ll be at Sugar Creek Brewing Co. celebrating #GivingTuesdayCLT and counting down the FINAL hours of giving! We’ll have live music, food, drinks, so come hang out with us for a while!