If you need a little break from the kids but don’t have a ton of money or TIME to spend, check out our Smarty ideas for couple’s staycation. Get just your spouse or maybe two or three other couples, reserve 24 hours, and get out of your bubble. That’s all it takes for a great break from real life. Here are some of our ideas. Keep in mind, all of these involve staying at a hotel afterwards and staying gone THROUGH Sunday Brunch ;-).
1. Rent a pontoon boat on one of our awesome lakes – We did this with two other couples last the summer on Lake Wylie and had a blast. Renting a pontoon is surprisingly affordable, but make sure yours comes equipped with a docking station and speakers (you definitely want some good tunes as your floating around all day!) and some tubes. Everyone brings some food to share (we brought delicious Bloody Marys, chicken salad from Chicken Salad Chick and more), load up the iPod, and just CHILL OUT for a day. We then headed Uptown to a hotel after that, got ready for a night out, then when out on the town. The next morning we had brunch Uptown.
2. Head to the Ballantyne Hotel – Guys golf, girls spa. Take advantage of the indoor and outdoor pools (don’t you want to be there right this minute?!). Stay there for dinner and Sunday brunch!!
3. Twilight Canopy Tour at the Whitewater Center – This is next on my list. We did the zipline tour with our 10-year-old for her birthday, and had a ball. It’d be great to go with a few other couples at twilight!
4. Cultural Afternoon – Stop in to all of our awesome museums Uptown! I go ALL the time with my kids but never have a chance to really read the descriptions of what the art actually is. Maybe catch a play at the Blumenthal. Stay at the Ritz if you can swing it ;-).
5. Take a Seqway tour Uptown – Also on my list. Pick a pretty day, select one of these fun tours, scoot around, and enjoy our city!
What are some of your best staycations? Share ’em with us!!