Excuses, excuses—from being too busy, to hating working out, to fearing an injury, and then some—we’ve heard them all before.
While it may not be easy to stay committed to a regular exercise schedule, there are ways you can challenge yourself and stay motivated despite all the barriers to fitness you may encounter. The trick is to be practical and think strategically about how to combat all the excuses.
Keep these creative ideas handy the next time you’re ready to skip the gym, whatever the reason:
1. You’re too tired. Bet you didn’t know that exercising actually increases your energy. Give it a chance and you’ll see a difference right away. Try scheduling your workouts during the time of day in which you feel most the energetic—even if it means waking up a half hour earlier to exercise first thing in the morning.
2. You have no time. Chances are that you do have some time, you just haven’t made it a priority yet. How much TV do you watch? You can use that valuable time to exercise while recording your shows so you can watch them later on. You can even squeeze in short walks throughout the day. A short workout session is better than none.
3. You just can’t find the motivation to do it. Make a plan and make it fun. Schedule time to exercise on your calendar so that it becomes a regular part of your day or week. Or join a group fitness class like TITLE Boxing Club. Don’t underestimate the camaraderie and encouragement that social exercise provides. We’re all in this together.
4. Working out is SO boring! Actually, it doesn’t have to be. Choose to engage in activities you enjoy, that way you’ll stay interested. Just get moving! Mix it up and try different types of training. Boxing and kickboxing are great choices to keep you from getting bored as you’ll work out your entire body with the intense cardio warm-up and core mat work that you’ll do in addition to your rounds of hitting or kicking the bag.
5. Lack of self-confidence. Whether you’ve tried to be active before and now feel like a failure for quitting, or you’ve just been so sedentary that you can’t even imagine yourself any other way, set challenging but realistic goals to work toward and focus on how to achieve them. Avoid comparing yourself to others as it will only lead to frustration. Remember that you’re doing your health a favor and focus on the positive changes you’re making to your own mind and body. We guarantee your self-confidence will soar with just how much stronger you’ll feel after a workout.
Sure, any exercise may at first feel difficult, but stick with it and with time, practice, and consistency, you’ll not only get stronger… you may actually start to like and even crave it. Imagine that!
Smarty Steal: Smarties get two weeks free at Title Boxing Club
Smarties get a two week free trial membership at either the Ayrsley or Ballantyne location! So you have nothing to lose but
pounds and inches! Offer would be good through the month of November. You will most likely want to purchase some hand wraps – pick these up at the club. Just mention you are a Smarty when you call either club.
For more information on TITLE Boxing Club and their Charlotte locations:
** Don’t miss the HUGE Halloween Power Hour on October 29! More details here.
2016 Ayrsley Town Blvd. Ste E
Charlotte, NC 28273