September 1st is the start of my favorite month of the year, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. It’s the one month of the year that I feel like my voice is heard and people actually do something to make a difference for these kids who are suffering. One of the best things about this month is that so many fun events are organized to get the whole family involved. It’s not longer about just writing a check or signing a petition. Instead, you can actually have FUN while making a difference. Take a look at some of the things you can do this week…
1. Thursday, September 4th – Triple C Superhero beer run. The reason for the superhero costume you ask? Triple C Beer Runners are proudly supporting ISF as they countdown the days until their flagship event on September 20th. This year they will be running with a “superhero and princess” theme in honor and memory of their founder, Isabella Santos. Come dressed as your favorite superhero to help build excitement for the 5k for Kids Cancer. The run starts t 6:30 but the fun will last all night at Triple C Brewery! For more information, check out Triple C’s Facebook Page!
2. Friday, September 5th – Pure Barre’s Pulse for Charity – Who’s ready to tuck for a good cause?? Pure Bure Barre in Ballantyne will be hosting a Donation Only Class on Friday at 6:00pm in honor of the Isabella Santos Foundation. New and old clients are welcome and don’t be afraid to bring your man to class. Beer and champagne will be provided after class as motivation. Best part? Charlotte Smarty Pants own Cheryl Perry will be teaching! To register for the class, call Pure Barre at 704-502-5888 or if you are a member, schedule your class online!
3. Saturday, September 6th – Tyler’s Treehouse 5k and 1 mile fun run/walk – Looking for a family friendly event this weekend? Then register for the Tyler Treehouse 5k run this weekend. This event hopes to raise money to support research at St. Jude’s Research Hospital in the hopes of finding a cure for brainstem giloma in honor of Tyler Scott who battled the disease in 2006. The race will take place at 8am the Olde Georgetown Swim Club in Charlotte, NC. To register for the race click here.
4. Saturday, September 6th – Bella’s Brew Bash. Come on out to 201 Central in Wesley Chapel for an evening of fun benefiting the Isabella Santos Foundation! If you have never been to this incredible specialty store, now is a great opportunity to check it out! It’s worth the trip, only 10 minutes from Ballantyne. They will have music provided by 107.9 the Link, beer and wine tastings from 201 Central as well as special event discounts on Beer and Wine (20% off). They will also have some of your favorite food trucks that include Plated Pallate, Sal’s Roadside Eatery, Imperial Sandwich, Smoke-N-Go and the Art of Baking. If that’s not enough for you, they will be featuring an unbelievable silent auction that includes items such as a VESPA, an in-home chef experience for 12, Snowboards, a Man Cave package that includes items such as a flat screen TV, yeti cooler, big green egg and more! Of course they will have the football game on for you to watch with cornhole and life-size Jenga to entertain you. This event runs from 4-8pm at the Shoppes at Wesley Chapel (5939 Weddington Road, Wesley Chapel). You won’t want to miss this!
5. Sunday, September 7th – Candy Girl & Friends Crush Kids Cancer. A fun family event hosted by Candy Girl Confections and friends at the Colony Shops on Selwyn to raise money for childhood cancer research. Funds raised will be donated to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit that raises money for research to develop new and less toxic treatments for childhood cancers. This is a fun-family event with face painting, candy crafts, photo booths, raffles, sweets, treats, good eats and much more! The event takes place from 1-5pm at Candy Girl Confections (2910 Selwyn Avenue).