By Guest Blogger, Dr. Peter J. Capizzi of Stillwater Plastic Surgery
Smarty moms know that time flies. How often have you wondered where the day went? Babies turn to toddlers and then suddenly teens. We see the passage of time in mirror too. So we put in a call to Dr. Peter J. Capizzi, Charlotte’s top plastic surgeon, for preventative aging tips. Our timing is just impeccable because Dr. Capizzi and his practice, Stillwater Plastic Surgery, are celebrating a birthday this month. Stillwater turns eleven. Happy Birthday Stillwater Plastic Surgery from the Charlotte Smarty Crew!
Dr. Capizzi completed his residency at the famed Mayo Clinic, where he and his wife Michelle met as fellow residents, but he has never stopped learning. It’s an anti-aging tip!
Here are Dr. Capizzi’s Top Eleven Tips on How to Beat the Clock.
1. Have Kids: Maybe a gaggle of kids isn’t for everyone, but it is for me and my wife, Michelle. We have five, aged 11-21. It’s a homegrown, joyous way to always be on the cusp of what’s new.
2. Get Botox: Botox is a simple, virtually painless injectable that eliminates wrinkles and furrows with regular use. Botox is one of the most commonly used pharmaceuticals in the world and an anti-aging must have. Period!
3. Learn Something Every Day: I completed my formal training over fifteen years ago at the Mayo Clinic, but I have NEVER stopped learning. I attend conferences. I write papers. I want to be the first – to innovate and lead. It keeps me young and keen!
4. Mentor: If you’re committed to learning something every day as an anti-aging strategy, also decide to give it away. One personal example: I host preceptorships where accomplished surgeons visit Stillwater to learn more about innovation that we lead, like Gummy Bear implant expertise.
5. Rethink Your Skincare Regimen: My team and I spend a lot of time curating the best medical-grade skincare products available anywhere. The results are visible and show on your face. “Medical grade” means the products are tested and results measured. Anyone buying drug store creams should rethink the approach!
6. Book Date Nights: I guess this is my way of saying not to take personal relationships for granted. I don’t have data on this, but I think there’s a great restorative health benefit to happy marriage. My wife is a pediatric ER physician. We have five children. We’re busy. But we make time for each other.
7. Move Your Body: I’m delighted to talk about plastic surgery treatments that turn back the hands of time, but there’s one anti-aging strategy at everyone’s disposal. It’s exercise. If a triathlon is not for you, think about low impact activity like yoga or swimming. Exercise is a fountain of youth.
Don’t Smoke: This is not exactly a news flash. The hazards of smoking are well documented and yet people continue to light up. In addition to shortening life span, smoking shows on your face – in the form of premature wrinkles.
Embrace Change: I left a big plastic surgery practice (you’d know the name) to form Stillwater 11 years ago because I envisioned a different, more personalized approach to plastic surgery. I didn’t fear change. I believe in change. Patients tell me it makes all the difference.
Defy Gravity: To heck with Newton and the laws of gravity. The passage of time is marked on our bodies with a loss of volume and fullness. There are medical solutions: breast lift and implant surgery, tummy tuck, face-lift, and even non-surgical solutions – Botox and dermal fillers like Voluma, Juvéderm and Radiesse.
Be Real: My #1 piece of advice on looking younger longer is to strive for a natural look. This does not preclude plastic surgery or preventative aging strategies. We should each strive to be our BEST selves (not someone else). With this as a guide, you can’t go wrong – even as time marches on!
We’re giving away a specially curated sampling of medical-grade skincare essentials for the summer season. Retail value $100. It’s easy peezy to enter! Here’s how:
2. Make a comment below as to what you’re MOST looking forward to this summer.
That’s it! Winner will be announced next Thursday, May 29! Good luck, Smarties!!
…And, we’ve got a Smarty Steal!
Stillwater Plastic Surgery Myers Park
20% off all medical-grade skincare products.
Great skincare is ground zero for any preventative aging strategy. Dr. Capizzi and the Stillwater Plastic Surgery team curate the finest, proven-effective skincare products available anywhere.