You never know who you will reconnect with at Flywheel – that place brings people together!
One day about a year ago, I was clipping into my bike at the Flywheel studio and ran into Sarah.
I had not seen her in 13 years and was thrilled to reminisce about our days working together back in the day at First Union.
She is a Flywheel and Flybarre phenomenon and equally enjoys both of the workouts.
She is a mom to TWO SETS OF TWINS. You read that correctly, Smarties. She is somewhat of a unicorn to me because I marvel at that statistic. With that kind of mommin’ under her belt, you better believe she’s got some Smarty tricks up her mom sleeve and could tell a story…or two..or four.
Smarty Charlotte, I present to you Sarah with an H and Greene with an E – Sarah Greene!
Married to: Jimmy, 10 years
Mom to: Holden (6), Stokes (6), James (2), Annie (2)
Occupation: stay-at-home mom
‘Hood: Greentree (a little neighborhood between Cotswold and Foxcroft)
Hometown: Greenville, SC
1. What is something that most people don’t know about you? I’ve rediscovered a love of drawing and painting. Growing up, in addition to writing, I had always been interested in art. I remember talking many an art class in school and loving them. Recently, I was going through an old journal and stumbled upon a bunch of sketches I’d done years ago. When I found that old artwork, it reminded me how frequently I used to do it and how much I used to like it. So, one day recently, I went and bought a bunch of paint, brushes and canvases for both me and the kids and have started painting again. It started as a fun thing to do with the kids. But, now I find myself sneaking in some painting whenever I can.
2. One word that describes you? calm
3. Who is your celebrity crush? Justin Timberlake. He can dance…he can sing…he makes hits with rappers. What could be better?
4. What is the last meal you cooked? Black bean soup with shredded pork (in the crockpot) with mojo sauce on the side. It’s new in my dinner rotation. Most of the kids like it. Jimmy loves it. I did try some baked plantain chips this time and they didn’t turn out so well.
5. If you wrote a parenting manual, the title would be…Organizing the Kid Chaos: How to Get Most of It Done and Still Have a Dance Party
6. Household chore you despise the most? I despise cleaning up after dinner! I always think I’m going to get ahead of it and limit the dishes and cookware I use. But, it’s usually the same scene every night. Dirty dishes everywhere and all sorts of food on the floor under the kids. I do have a personal rule that I have to clean up the kitchen before getting the kids in the bath. I just can’t stomach coming downstairs after getting them in bed and have to face the dishes.
7. Behavioral trait you hope your children don’t inherit from you? Letting the fear of failure or the fear of looking silly prevent them from doing something new. I struggle with that and I want them to try things without worrying that they have to get them just right. I realized this about myself when I studied in Spain in college. I had learned the language pretty well, but when I got over there, I felt like I was mute. I was terrified of saying something that would make me sound like I didn’t know what I was doing. So, there were many times, especially toward the beginning of the trip, when I was completely in my head, conjugating verbs instead of speaking out loud and at least trying. Looking back, I would’ve learned so much more had I just gone for it.
8. The phrase you’ve said to the kids more than any other at home is… “Ok. Hold on just a minute.”
9. Favorite kids’ movie? Despicable Me
10. Household appliance you couldn’t live without? It’s a toss-up between the coffee maker and the washing machine.
11. Funniest thing your kids have ever said to you? “I couldn’t find a cup,” said a 4-year-old Stokes when I caught him drinking out of a hiking boot in the bathroom. It still makes me laugh out loud — and shudder.
12. Guilty pleasure or what do you do to unwind?I love to watch some good TV (most specifically an episode of The Bachelor/Bachelorette or Project Runway) and maybe have a glass of wine!