Smarty Guide to the 2017 CMOMs sale
Charlotte Mothers of Multiples Fall/Winter Consignment Sale will be Saturday, August 5, 2017.
Join CMOMs to shop the thousands of gently used items, including children’s and baby clothing, equipment, furniture, toys, games, and maternity wear. Voted #1 Voter’s Choice Best of the Best Consignment Sale by Charlotte Magazine; this year’s Fall/Winter 2017 Consignment Sale will be held at The Park Expo and Conference Center. The Park Expo and Conference Center (formerly Charlotte Merchandise Mart) is located off Independence Blvd at 800 Briar Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205.
The CMOMs sale will be open to the public on Saturday, August 5th for early bird shopping from 7:30-8:30am with $2 admission and free entrance 8:30am-12noon. Free Parking is also available. The half price sale will be open to the public 12:45-3pm with many items offered at a 50% discount.
n everything for the kids – you know how fast they outgrow everything so why pay more?! You can even get a jump on the holidays and get the toys, games, video games, and more that they want at prices you like!
Here is a Top 10 list of Smarty Tips to keep in mind when shopping:
1. Bring your own bin, laundry basket or bag (like an IKEA bag or two) to carry purchases. Wheeled bags and rolling arts are now allowed but cannot be larger than 2’x3’. NO STROLLERS, WAGONS, or other items we sell are allowed.
2. The Sale accepts Cash and Visa & Mastercard! NO CHECKS will be accepted.
3. Bring a shoe that currently fits your children. Printed shoe sizes vary with brand and style.
4. Bring a tape measure or a knotted string to measure inseams, length of dresses, and shoes.
5. Be sure to double-check sizes on garment labels – do not rely on the seller tag! Also, double-check all items bundled together for sizes!
6. Consider buying clothing/shoes up a size because gently-used clothing may have shrunk with repeated washings. Find a pair of pants that fits your child well with a little room.
7. All items are sold by individual sellers. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD “AS-IS” AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. All items are FINAL SALE. Please be sure to thoroughly examine items prior to purchase. Although we demand high quality standards for our items, sometimes defects get missed.
8. Be sure to check out the High-End Boutique, which features designer clothing and accessories from designer brands and higher-end stores. This is a great area to buy special occasion or holiday outfits at a fraction of what they cost new (especially since they will only wear them once or twice).
9. Make a it a point to shop the Books section. You can get hardcover books in like-new condition for far less than you would pay retail. The Sale always has TONS of books for every age and reading level.
10. There will be a raffle at the door for a brand new Honda Oddessy! Raffle tickets can be purchased for $10 each.
BONUS: Parking at the event is FREE! Boom!