How often do you read US Weekly? Me: Often
When I’m traveling for work (which is every other week lately), it’s one of my airport rituals. Instead of prepping for the meeting I’m going to, I catch up on current events and the real news of the week.
Every issue has a column where someone shares “25 things you don’t know about me”. I was bored out of my mind in a meeting so I passed the time by assembling my own list.
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I’m a sucker for a man in uniform. You know – a white dress shirt, khakis, navy blazer.
2. My middle name is Kimlee.
3. I majored in Broadcast News to become a television news reporter. At the last minute (after sending out dozens of audition tapes to news stations across the country), I aborted the mission and joined an internet startup company.
4. If my son had been a girl he woulda been named Frances Alexander Bowman and gone by Alex.
5. My first concert was INXS in 8th grade.
6. In high school, I saw Milli Vanilli in concert and thought they were really singing.
7. I have off beat celebrity crushes: Paul Rudd, Jason Bateman, Seth Myers, John Cusack.
8. Cheetos and Reese’s Cups are my downfall foods.
9. My favorite beach beer is Coors Light…Colorado Koolaid.
10. I don’t have any tattoos.
11. I attended college on a full academic scholarship.
12. My maiden name was Cooper so I went by Coop my entire life. My school teachers even called me Coop.
13. I was president of my sorority.
14. My first time visiting NYC was age 13 and when I saw Dutch Treat on our itinerary several times I asked someone why we were eating at the same restaurant over and over. Country bumpkin goes to big city…
15. I’ve never had a permanent wave (aka “a perm”).
16. I’ve never colored my hair…yet.
17. My husband and I were friends and double dated before dating each other.
18. My favorite liquor is bourbon – Knob Creek and Basil Hayden.
19. I was legally blind before I got Lasik.
20. My first car was a 1984 Ford Escort, that I totalled within 6 months.
21. If I could sleep 12 hours every night I would.
22. I have worked at the same company for 16 years.
23. I was a mathlete back in the day and won all sorts of competitions. Now, I can barely add without Excel or a calculator.
24. Growing up, I had 2 pet chickens. We lived in a suburban neighborhood.
25. I have been sky diving.
Okay, Smarties…sound off and share something that people don’t know about you!