We just celebrated our daughter’s first birthday. As the cake finally settles in our bellies and is scraped off the floor, my husband and I start talking about baby number two. Baby number two has always been in the plan, but when has raised many questions. Let’s hear from both sides of the argument on whether or not we’re talking about this too soon or need to get-a-going.
Reasons to hold off on baby number two:
• My reaction to hearing Jessica Simpson is pregnant again? “She’s crazy.”
• The smell of spit up has finally escaped my nostrils.
• I can go drinking with the ladies and not have to pump and dump.
• Sleeping through the night is the new norm.
• I’m starting to reclaim my body…finally!
• I gave up the diaper bag for *gasp* a real purse.
• The last pair of elastic stretch maternity pants has been stowed away. Buttons, snaps and zippers are back!
• Two on one is a good ratio. Having my husband to help me with one kid is a big plus.
Reasons to go ahead and have baby number two:
• The baby stuff is still out…just go for it.
• The lack of sleep in the beginning was a blur, it must’ve not been that bad (famous last words, I’m sure).
• The maternity clothes are much more forgiving (elastic isn’t so bad, right?).
• I’ll start the exercise regiment after baby number two. No really, this time I will…
• I loved being pregnant. Felt so great throughout the entire time…sans the swollen kankles (this may not help my argument)
• Nothing beats snuggling with a newborn. Even when they are spitting up on you.
• Ah, the new baby smell. No, I don’t mean point number one under “reasons to hold off…”
What is your Smarty advice for baby number two? Go for it? Wait a while?
Register to win (4) Tix to Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey DRAGONS!
One lucky Smarty will win a family 4-pack to Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Baily DRAGONS on Thursday, January 31st at 7pm. We’ll pick our winner on Sunday, January 20th at 8 p.m.
TWC Arena is offering a special Smarty coupon code for tickets. Click here for details!