A few weeks ago I did a post on the Best Price on Pampers in Charlotte. Now it’s time for baby formula. (Obligatory Disclaimer… the American Academy of Pediatrics considers breast milk to be the preferred feeding choice for infants.)
Babies R Us: 75 cents (in a set of 6) Costco: 82 cents
BJ’s: 84 cents
Babies R Us: 89 cents (pack of 6)
- Keep a lookout for sales, and keep a calculator with you.
- No calculator? Here is a good trick so you know generally if it’s an OK deal. A good price is under $1.00 per powder ounce. So look at the size of the can (say it’s 25.7 ounces) and then look at the price. If the price is under that same number ($25.70), then it’s not highway robbery.
- Join their manufacturer mailing lists, they give GREAT coupons and samples! Most are for $5 off “checks” click here for Enfamil list, click here for Similac, and click here for Nestle Good Start. You are CRAZY if you do not do this, even if you are not a coupon girl, make an exception here.
- You CAN use these $5 checks at the warehouse clubs. Do not let them tell you otherwise! They do not take coupons but these are actually checks. I had to fight a cashier at Sams once and the manager finally told her it was OK and how to process it. (Hey, five dollars is five dollars!)
- Can’t leave the house? Most of the retailers noted do NOT sell formula online. But Amazon does and Enfamil does as well as some other retailers. Might not be the best price but sometimes convenience is worth the money.
Do you have another formula bargain? Please share!