Smarties, this is a MUST for the holiday season, Charlotte Youth Ballet’s Nutcracker is one of our favorite holiday treats! The Charlotte Youth Ballet brings to the stage its 38th annual holiday classic production of Tchaikosvky’s The Nutcracker featuring the choreography of Charlotte ballet icons, Gay Porter and Bridget Porter Young. Start your family’s holiday tradition with this magical performance and get your tickets today!
The story opens as the Stahlbaum family welcomes friends and family to their annual Christmas gala. Their grand home is adorned with festive decorations, at the center of which is a spectacular Christmas tree. When the mysterious Dr. Drosselmeyer arrives bearing gifts, all the children are enchanted by the mechanical Nutcracker that he gives to young Clara. Fritz, in a fit of jealousy, grabs the Nutcracker from his sister and as it crashes to the floor…the magic begins!
Performance Date & Times:
-Friday, December 6th, 2019 *9:30am & *11:30am
-Friday, December 6th, 2019 7:00pm
-Saturday, December 7th, 2019 2:00pm & 7:00pm
-Sunday December 8th, 2019 2:30pm
* ALL Access Matinees for Youth presented by Allstate. Charlotte Youth Ballet is proud to collaborate with Allstate Insurance Company. In December of 2018, CYB was awarded a grant from Allstate to launch a program called ALL Access Matinees for Youth. CYB and Allstate are dedicated to empowering youth through exposure to the arts. The enrichment program helps send around 700 Title 1 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ (CMS) students to each of the Charlotte Youth Ballet’s school matinees. The productions each year include The Nutcracker and a storybook ballet such as Cinderella. Within a year’s time, over 2,000 tickets will be provided to students free of charge. Transportation is provided as necessary. Tying the ballets’ stories to literary projects at school helps bring even greater academic significance to the program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Girl Scouts can enjoy a special Before the Curtain presentation before the matinee performances and receive a free patch.
Performance Tickets & Pricing:
Single tickets for The Nutcracker range from $20-$30 and are sold exclusively through the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) Box Office. Tickets may be purchased online, over the phone or in person at the CPCC Box Office. The CPCC Box Office is located in the lobby of the Overcash Building at 1206 Elizabeth Avenue and is open from 10:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. The CPCC Box Office can be reached at (704) 330-6534.
Ticket prices* for The Nutcracker are arranged by seating area:
– Front Orchestra / Rear Orchestra – $30
– Balcony – $25
– Seniors/Student/Child Orchestra $25/ Balcony – $20
– Girl Scouts – $14 All Seats
* Ticket prices do not include any applicable taxes or service fees.
Performance Theater & Parking:
All performances of The Nutcracker will be held at the Halton Theater in uptown Charlotte located at 1206 Elizabeth Avenue. Just inside the Overcash Building, the Halton Theater has three seating levels: beginning with the Front Orchestra at the same level as the stage and ascending upwards to the Rear Orchestra and Balcony levels. A limited number of box seats are also available. All seats offer excellent views of the stage.
Parking is available free of charge at the CPCC Faculty & Theater Deck, just behind the Halton Theater. The entrance to the parking deck is on 4th Street at 1225 E. 4th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204.