We found the PERFECT way to welcome summer. Grab some friends and head to Swoozie’s SouthPark/Sharon Corners next Tuesday, June 13, for a book release party for a local Charlotte family’s latest children’s book, Mimi Discovers Sullivan’s Island. Gently used children’s books will also collected at the event for Promising Pages, a local non-profit that inspires underserved children to achieve their dreams by instilling a love of reading.
This is the second children’s book by Catherine Farley and her family. The first, Mischievous Mimi Explores Seabrook Island, was written by Catherine and her two daughters, Madeline and Mary Katherine. In this latest book, Catherine and her son, James, and nephew, Gray, write about the adventures Mimi takes around Sullivan’s Island. Both books are illustrated by the very-talented Susan Leggett.
These books are two of the sweetest and prettiest children’s books you’ll ever read. You’ll want to adopt sweet Mimi and head straight to the beach after reading them with your kids. And, you’ll especially love them if you and your family have ever spent time on Seabrook Island or Sullivan’s Island. They make perfect birthday gifts (especially a signed copy!) and are on our Smarty Summer Must-Read List.
Here’s what to expect at the book release party:
– Cupcakes, cookies, and a champagne toast
– An appearance from Erma the Bookworm from Promising Pages
– Prize drawings every half hour for great sercies
– 20 percent off anything at Swoozies during the event
– 10 percent of all sales at Swoozies on Tuesday, June 13 will go back to Promising Pages.
– A book reading by young co-authors James Farley and Gray Goodman at 5pm.
We’ll see you there!
Mimi Discovers Sullivan’s Island Book Release Party
Tuesday, June 13, 4-7pm
Swoozies Southpark/Sharon Corners
Book website, facebook
* Don’t forget a book to donate to Promising Pages – Books for K-3 especially needed at this time.