I’m done with you. From your once-upon-a-time bright whites to your now slushy mud-brine mix, I speak for all when I say the shortened-day sun is ready to set on your time as we welcome spring. Let me share the reasons why you cannot be done fast enough:
– From ear infections to colds to stomach bugs – I blame it all on you. Of course your sweet little snowflakes didn’t directly cause my kids’ ear infections, but rather your extreme chill indirectly forces kids indoors sharing the wealth of germs.
– I live in filth. My daughter trudges in with her muddy light-up shoes. I can never catch her fast enough as she enters the door before she’s running through the house. Good thing I can follow her tracks. And now my one-year-old son started walking – yeah!
– I drive filth. White SUV, enough said. Let’s just say I have that “just newly looking brine shine!”
– Stale air. I’m gasping for fresh air without it stinging every inch of my lungs.
– Outdoor play area is limited to a 4’x4’ area. When it is “mild” (aka higher than 40 degrees) we often times have to limit playing to our covered porch since there seems to be a mud moat surrounding our house. Sludge pit be gone!
– Another snow day? Tell me you’re joking. The kids are excited but I’m losing my sanity as I try to work from home with two kids crawling over me. Not to mention the amount of energy that my three and one-year-old have is enough to power the entire town of Matthews.
– Winter, it’s been a good run (or skate) but it’s time for you to go. I long for green and daylight and warmth. I hope to not see you until the day after Thanksgiving.
All the best,