Everybody has one and likely several. You know, those that lead you down the wrong path…like that clown of a boyfriend from your past that you knew was bad news and you couldn’t stop yourself because you had no self control.
It’s the same with downfall food.
For most people, there is a food bait that you cannot resist swallowing. For Oprah, it’s Lay’s potato chips. She has often said that she can’t have just one; it’s none or the whole bag.
I’m totally powerless over my downfall foods and if this junk is anywhere near me, it’s all over.
My downfall foods:
(1) Cheetos or cheese puffs – I could eat my weight in these. I.can’t.stop.myself.
(2) Reese’s Cups
(3) Gelato – When my flight leaves from B concourse, I am happy happy happy because I get Pino Gelato! Coffee is my favorite flavor but I don’t discriminate. You must try Talenti Gelato sold at Harris Teeter. The following flavors currently call my freezer home: Coffee Chocolate Chip, Mediterranean Mint, Caribbean Coconut and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.
(4) Key lime pie – I’ll take homemade or the crap out of the freezer.
(5) Cheez-Its – cheddar jack flavor – Did you know Cheez-Its come in every cheese flavor under the rainbow? There’s cheddar, provolone, white cheddar, mozzarella, colby, cheddar jack, pepper jack, baby swiss (yes, I said baby swiss), four cheese, duoz (you know – 2 flavors in 1 box – duh) sharp cheddar/parmesan, smoked cheddar/monterey jack, hot & spicy, and on and on and on. The Cheezits people have been quite busy perfecting fake cheese flavors. Well, you can have all of them except cheddar jack. That crap is delish and I will eat an entire box if left to my own devices.
(6) Dark chocolate and peppermint pretzel crisps – I wish these were sold year ’round. No, actually I do not wish that. These are amazing. I mean it.
Smarties, what’s your food Kryptonite?