This afternoon the Smarty Team did a little Smarty research to take advantage of NC’s tax-free weekend. So we thought we’d take this opportunity to give you tips on uniform shopping for back-to-school.
- Sears at Carolina Place Mall – Lands End is owned by Sears. They have a fabulous selection of uniform clothes that hold up great for siblings. Their selection in the store starts at size 4. If they don’t have what you’re looking for, you can order online/catalog and still receive the tax-free discount plus FREE shipping this weekend only. Super smarty deal! I also ordered some things for the twins – BTW, Lands End has the best short and long sleeved white t-shirts (no pockets) that are perfect for monogramming.
- Talbots Kids, Specialty Shops at the Park (across from the SouthPark Mall) – Talbots Kids is having a liquidation sale through Sept. 5th. They will close their doors for good after that. For uniforms, you can buy the twill pants in khaki and navy at 30% off and they have white polos for great deals. They are also having a summer sale with all summer clothing at 70% off plus the additional 30% off store-wide liquidation sale. Super Smarty bargain! Hurry, pretty sure this secret is out!
- Target – has a great uniform line at cheap prices. Their inventory seems to decrease substantially after back-to-school, especially on shorts. So you may want to load up now.
- Old Navy – also has an impressive uniform line at bargain prices.
- Flynn & O’Hara (near Park Road Shopping Center)- for parochial school students. They have all the appropriate school plaids and uniforms for all the Catholic schools in the area.
- Educational Outfitters (across from Costco on Tyvola) – also for the Catholic students. They have great hoody sweatshirts that aren’t always available at Flynn & O’Hara.
- Uniform Exchanges at Schools – most of the Catholic schools have a uniform exchange/sale throughout the school year. As you can imagine, uniforms are made to hold up and don’t wear out ever! So you may want to shop these exchanges first before you spend $ on a new jumper or skirt.
Save your $ Smarties and take advantage of this tax-free weekend!