As our communities slowly reopen, many parents are eager to find opportunities for their children to get active, socialize and have fun. After a safe and successful summer in 2020, the YMCA will continue to operate its two Overnight Camps in the greater Charlotte community!
Although some things will look different, kids will still form deep bonds, explore the outdoors and have exciting experiences this summer.
Campers at YMCA Camp Thunderbird get to experience outdoor adventure in an inclusive environment. Recognized for adapting its overnight program this summer and providing a safe place for campers to stay amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, YMCA Camp Thunderbird continues to serve families across the country in a meaningful way. Their action-packed two-mile shoreline is the perfect backdrop for activities like:
– Water Skiing & Wakeboarding
– Paddle Sports
– Horseback Riding
At YMCA Camp Harrison, campers discover their best self and enjoy God’s creation in the mountains of North Carolina. Set on over 2,000 acres of land, streams and trails, campers get to experience activities like:
– Mountain Biking
– Target Sports
– Adventure Hiking
Give your kids the chance to unplug this summer. Whether they’re on a rope course, playing tennis, creating art, cruising on a sailboat, performing for their friends, taking a swim or sitting around a campfire, they’ll safely experience the magic of summer.
Campers Will Have Fun While Staying Safe
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte has been adaptable and innovative to ensure their camper’s safety. YMCA Camp Harrison has implemented:
– Facility Sanitation: The Y has hired extra staff to perform thorough cleaning of all of their facilities. They will even disinfect every item that campers are going to share between each use.
– Coronavirus Training for Staff: Every staff member participates in coronavirus-specific training during their 30-hour training plan.
– Frequent Camper Health Checks: Campers will be monitored when they first get to camp and each day after that.
– Personal Protective Equipment: All staff will wear face covers when indoors and when six feet of distance isn’t possible outdoors.
– Handwashing Stations: Handwashing stations have been installed all around Camp Harrison.