Welcome back to the Charlotte Smarty Pants podcast series, which is powered by Charlotte Star Room, Charlotte’s premier boutique music development and corporate video production studio + the best Pop Star birthday parties in the QC, AND professional voice lessons in a studio.
Today we’re talking to local mom, Anne Willette. Anne talks to Smarties Jen and Cheryl about the community she and fellow parents from her kids’ school are creating to help navigate the tricky world of social media parenting. Their “Wait til 8th” strategy is something you’ll definitely want to hear about if you’ve got kids in elementary or middle school.
You can join Anne and educators from all over our city at our Smarty Town Hall on Social Media Parenting 2.0. Click here to register. We hope to see you at Charlotte Latin School on October 29 – join the conversation!
Want more Smarty podcasts? Click here and share, share, share!
About Anne Willette
Anne Willette, Charlotte Latin parent
Anne, a mother to two girls, ages 7 and 10, with a thirst for knowledge and direction about the hardest and most important job she’ll ever have, parenting. Currently, Anne is trying to navigate the world of a rising tween in a space where “everyone” has iPhones and social media accounts. Anne and other moms with the same concerns have created a community at her kids’ school in which parents can meet and talk to each other about delaying smart phones, delaying social media access and promoting communication skills, creativity and just being a kid. The group hopes to minimize the excess pressures that smartphones can present to the adolescent child. She is a proponent of screen time vigilance in children and in ourselves. Anne received a BA in psychology and English from Clemson University. She is a lifestyle photographer in Charlotte. Find her at www.annewillettephotography.com.
About Charlotte Star Room
– Music Development programs for singers & songwriters looking to explore their talents and maximize their exposure. We work with individuals at all levels of artistic experience, from the beginner to the professional!
– Pro In-Studio Vocal Lessons • Artist Development • Recording • In-Studio YouTube Music Videos • Original Music Production
– Unique in-studio birthday parties called “Pop Star Parties”
– Professional video production services for all commercial needs, from small business to corporate. Specializing in digital storytelling from concept to completion, we deliver superior creative visual solutions for your business or organization.
– Web Promo, E-Learning, Testimonials, Commercial Content, Social Media Shorts, and more.
5110 Park Road-Suite 2J
Charlotte NC 28209