Register now for the Chick-Fil-A Charlotte Kids Marathon Program
We’ve got a super fun reason to get your kids’ running shoes laced up. The Novant Health Charlotte Marathon has partnered with Chick-fil-A to create a 7 week running program for kids 11 and under. Participating kids will run 25.2 miles over the 7 weeks leading up to race day. They will then join Charlotte Marathon festivities on November 11, 2017 to run their final program mile on race day and finish out with 26.2 total miles.
The training program runs from September 24-November 11 and includes:
– 7 Week Training Guide (9/24-11/11) complete with weekly mileage goals, chart for easy tracking, fun puzzle/activity each week and space for notes
– 7 Weekly Training E-Newsletters including tip from Coach Alyssa, nutrition insight from Ambassador Kiran Smith, weekly challenges and input from their partners, including CSP
– Optional Group Runs
– Access to dedicated Kid’s Running Coach, available to answer questions, help your kids through their training and lead at weekly Group Runs
– Chick-fil-A Charlotte Kid’s Marathon 1 Mile Fun Run entry (so they can race on race day)
– Personalized bib on race day
– Race Shirt
– Marathon Program finisher medal at the finish line
Cost is $40 until August 30, then $50 through September 21. Registration for the Chick-fil-A Charlotte Kid’s Marathon Program will close at 11:59 PM Thursday, September 21. Participants will receive their Welcome email and training kit on Friday, September 22.
Registration for the Chick-fil-A Charlotte Kid’s Marathon 1 Mile Fun Run will be available through Sunday, November 5 and at the Expo on Friday, November 10.