Load up your mini’s, get your kids in their pj’s, pack a thermos of hot chocolate roadies and enjoy these last few days of Christmas! We’ve put together our best list of Christmas lights of the season. If we’ve missed any, leave a comment below and we’ll share the news. There are loads of last minute Griswolds, and we want to give all of them props!
1. Hillside Hunger Drive-Through in Myers Park – Hillside Drive has coined the holiday ball craze throughout the city. Cutest idea we’ve seen in years! Hillside families have banded together with the cutest and most creative handmade chicken wire balls (or you could go all Martha Stewart and order fancy versions) hung high from the trees. They have a drop-off for canned goods for Loaves & Fishes. This photo doesn’t do it justice – the cool factor is that almost every house on the street appears to have agreed to a competition of who can hang theirs the highest. So fun!
2. The South Charlotte Santa on Sherwood Forest Drive off Colony Road. This is one of the most impressive streets in all of Charlotte. They hand out over 10,000 candy canes each season and collect donations for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
3. Brandenburg Court in Belingrath neighborhood in SouthPark – Props to my neighbors who make our holiday season so fun! To me, this is the best Clark Griswold display I have ever seen!
4. Allen Light Show in Ballantyne – 10820 Bay Hill Club Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277. With over 57,000 lights and choregraphed tunes, this is the most professional display you’ll see. They do it nightly until Christmas 7-8pm and broadcast the synchronized music on 90.9FM.
5. Choreographed Christmas Displays – our friends at Christmas Carolina have made it super easy for us to find as many light displays as possible by plugging in your zip code. Click here for details. Thank you, Christmas Carolina!
6. North Charlotte Griswold all the way – tied are 15419 and 15038 Hugh McAuley Drive in the MacAulay neighborhood, Huntersville. (Different spelling for street & neighborhood).
7. North Charlotte in Huntersville – Hillcrest Dr has a house that has lights EVERYWHERE!
8. North Charlotte – Washam Potts Rd in Cornelius.
Post your comments and tell us where to check out your favorite neighborhood holiday displays. Be as specific as possible so we can all find the “ahhh”. My fam is packing up the truckster and heading out tomorrow night! Merry, merry!