Here are just a few things I want to share with her:
• Hug. It’s good for you and others.
• Smile, even when it hurts.
• Your daddy loves you more than you could ever know.
• Snuggle time is mommy’s favorite time. I just may snuggle you through your 40s.
• You’re going to stumble, know we are here to help you back up.
• Respect yourself and others will do the same.
• You are beautiful.
• You are smart.
• You are hilarious – I mean, seriously funny!
• Your eyes come from your daddy, I hope you see him in you whenever you look at yourself.
• People may disappoint you. Know it’s not because you set your expectations too high.
• Have faith and keep it.
• We are all challenged in different ways in our lives, it’s how you work through those challenges that you gain insight and strength.
There are so many things I look forward to sharing with her. Many things that she will learn through only life’s experiences. Smarties – what are some things you want to share with your children?
Voting is under way for the 2013 Smarty Awards! It’s your turn to shout out to your favorite local businesses. We’ve asked our Smarty Moms and Dads every Saturday for over FIVE years about their favorite things to do around the QC. It’s time to give these businesses some much deserved recognition and let you, Smarty Charlotte, cast your vote. Click here to vote!