I don’t know many moms who are “just” moms – do you? I am continually amazed at the talents/skills/resources my fellow moms possess – who knew that when I became a mom almost eight years ago, I would be welcomed into this wonderful network of creative, inspiring women who also happen to be awesome moms and friends?
I mean, have you ever really stopped to think about all of the amazing knowledge that is bound up with all of your mom-friends? I don’t have to go much farther than my smart phone contact list to get most of my questions answered or problems solved – and I bet you don’t either.
For example, I know moms who can:
– Answer any Disney-related question and help plan the perfect trip
– Organize my entire house – the right way
– Get the perfect picture of my entire family
– Decorate a yard for a milestone birthday party
– Reupholster furniture (although she swears she’d never do it for anyone but herself because it’s way too hard)
– Inspire me to scrapbook because hers are so amazing
– Pick out the perfect fabric, paint, and accessories for any room in my house
– Whip up some amazing soups (thus saving me from cooking another meal)
– Design my dream house (she’s family actually – how lucky am I?! Now if I could just afford said dream house…)
– Offer psychological advice (with an educated background)
– Tell me the right dosages to give my kids at any age/weight (love nurse friends!!) – and also answer most medical questions with no co-pay
– Crank out some super cute logos/business cards/t-shirt designs
– Plan a unique, themed, and fun dinner party
– Teach me to play tennis
– Tell me all the great books my kids should be reading at each age based on her experience as a librarian
– Rattle off all the flowers and plants that will bloom beautifully in Charlotte
– Get me in killer shape with a personalized workout plan
– Make the cutest, yummiest cupcakes/cakes you’ve ever seen – from her own kitchen
– Provide all the decorations and homemade party favors for a backyard birthday bash
– Recommend the best restaurants in all the big cities
– Assist in a veterinary emergency
And the list goes on. Just like an awards ceremony, I am sure I am forgetting someone or something, but you get the gist.
Now it’s your turn: what amazing skills are in your circle of friends? Here’s your chance to give them a shout-out!