‘Tis the season for holiday party hopping and if you’re anything like me, you’ve waited until the last minute to get a little something sweet for your hostess with the mostest. Never fear, Smarties, here are some ideas beyond the typical bottle of Merlot that won’t cost a fortune and are easy finds around town.
– Bread – a loaf from Great Harvest Bread Company (the cinnamon chip loaf is the best for the morning after a big party!!) or something homemade like chocolate chip muffins. Pick up a dozen Krispy Kremes for the next morning (or later that night if the party really gets fun!)
– Stationery is always a big hit – Paper Twist in Specialty Shops on the Park has pretty enclosure cards, notepads and stationery – plus beautiful wrapping paper! Love their Christmas thank you cards.
– A unique Christmas ornament – Hallmark, Crate and Barrel and Black Lion have great selections.
– A CD of your favorite Christmas tunes – or maybe even your favorite workout mix for when New Year’s Resolutions roll around.
– Stop by Pasta and Provisions on Providence Road – they have delicious frozen lasagnas, raviolis, sauces, and more. The hostess will love a go-to meal during the holiday madness.
– Homemade trail mix: Mix peanuts, M&Ms (I personally like the crispy kind in this recipe!), and Craisins. Pour into a Mason jar and voila! Munchies for later that evening!
– Speaking of Mason jars, sunflowers look beautiful in them. Adding a little ribbon around it will also do wonders. The hostess will love to see something pretty if she’s walking into a mess the next morning, and it’s a little more casual then a dozen roses!
– What is your hostess in to? Does she like to cook? Love the vintage-y aprons from Anthropologie. Does she love some pampering? How about a gift card for a manicure? Does she work out? I love Sweaty Bands (also available at Run for Your Life) – they seriously don’t slip.
OK, hope this inspires you to think outside the (wine) box ! We’d love to hear your ideas – what are some of your favorite hostess gifts?