Smarties, we’re excited to bring this hip event to you to hopefully eliminate any and all excuses for getting your mammogram! CSP is hosting the first-ever mammogram party at Charlotte Radiology in SouthPark on October 20th. You may be asking yourself “why a mammogram party?”
A mammogram party is a private event, among friends, to lessen anxiety about breast cancer screening and ensure those you love get screened annually. Smarty guests will mix and mingle, enjoying snacks and beverages provided by Charlotte Radiology and Edible Arrangements (see Y-U-M photo!). There will be a certified female technologist dedicated to the event to provide private screenings and answer any questions you may have during your exam. The exam itself will take less than 15 minutes. Smarty Bonus: every guest will get that fab complimentary bottle of wine sporting “I got smashed at my mammogram party!”
Eligibility guidelines for screening mammography:
- Must be a woman 35 and older. No physician referral required, but we require your physician’s name for us to send your results.
- Must be one year since previous mammogram.
- Must not be pregnant or breast-feeding.
- No new breast lumps or concerns (promptly contact your health care provider for evaluation with breast concerns).
What do guests need to bring?
All you need to bring is a picture ID, insurance information (if applicable), health history and name of primary care physician. We except all major insurance plans, in addition to self-pay patients. We offer self-pay patients a discount at the time of service. If prior mammogram(s) were performed at a facility other than Charlotte Radiology, please bring those films to your appointment or the name and address of the facility where they were performed. Most insurance companies and Medicare will cover the cost of an annual screening if it has been one full year since your last exam. Please check with your insurance provider to ensure coverage.
How do I RSVP?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name & contact information, listing SMARTY PANTS PARTY in the subject field.
- Someone will contact you within 48 business hours to schedule your appointment.
- Please RSVP by October 15th.
- For directions visit www.charlotteradiology.com/locations
Interested in hosting your own party? Since an annual screening mammogram is the best way to detect breast cancer early, hosting a party in a relaxed atmosphere can bring your loved ones or co-workers together to show them you care about their health. Being a hostess is easy! Just download this helpful Party Instructions PDF for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Shawna.email@example.com or your party hostess.
So get your pink on and meet our Smarty family and enjoy some girlfriend gab while you cross one more thing off your to-do list! See ya on the 20th!
CSP Screening Saves Mammogram Party:
October 20, 6 – 8 pm
Charlotte Radiology Breast Center – SouthPark
4525 Cameron Valley Parkway, Suite 1000