By Kristen Bunich, theintuitivedietitian.com
This is a favorite recipe of mine for a many reasons. It tastes great, there are a million variations and it’s perfect for my on the go lifestyle.
I love to have these little babies in the freezer for when my hunger first appears. I know as a Registered Dietitian that responding to that hunger response with a great snack choice helps offset any starving or ravenous feelings in the future. It’s not just my kids that get hangry! Being prepared with a snack if my first offense.
Protein Power Bites
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ¼ Cup Flaxseed
- 1 T Chia Seeds (optional)
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (or nut butter)
- 1/3 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Miniature Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Chips (swap out for any of the upgrades)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
Make this your own with these upgrades!
- Coconut Flakes
- Dried berries
- Dried apples
- Mini M&M’s
- Add your favorite protein powder or collagen (you may need to add a little water for the proper consistency.)
- Use a cup of dates instead of nuts (use a food processor for this one)
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
Refrigerate for around an hour. (You can skip this step if you are short on time but it helps with the next step).
Form 1″ balls by rolling in your hands or using a small cookie scoop.
Enjoy! These are perfect in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (if they last!) or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Note: I love Trader Joe’s GF Organic Rolled Oats with Ancient Grains and Seeds. This already includes flax and chia seeds so I don’t add any additional.
Kristen is the registered dietitian and owner of The Intuitive Dietitian in Charlotte. She specializes in helping clients get in tune with their body’s natural hunger, fullness and weight. In her practice, she sees many women facing hormone irregularities or frustrations from chronic dieting.