To find and book a physician, click here.
The days after Thanksgiving often mean one thing: a lot of leftovers. Instead of making the same hearty plate of food you had the day before, get creative and healthy! This protein-packed sandwich is a great way to use up leftover turkey and incorporate a few extra servings of fruits and vegetables while still tasting delicious. In addition to making your taste buds happy, if will also leave your primary care provider with a smile on his or her face because it’s all part of a heart-healthy diet.
– 1 1/2 cups leftover Brussels sprouts, shaved or chopped
– 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon honey
– Salt and Pepper
– 4 slices cranberry raisin bread/spinach wrap (or any bread you want)
– 1/2 cup spinach leaves
– 1 apple, cored and sliced very thinly
– Sliced white cheddar cheese
– Sliced leftover turkey
– 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the lemon juice and honey. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Spread the mustard on two slices of bread. Then add the turkey, cheddar cheese, spinach, apple slices, and a few spoonfuls of the Brussels sprouts.