By Laurie Martin, Simplicity Organizers
We all know that having guests stay with us for a few days can be stressful, so it is important to consider the impact your family brings when visiting someone else’s home.
Below are 7 ways to minimize this impact when traveling with your children.
– Shoe basket/box: Having a designated location for shoes not only reduces dirt and leaves but it also prevents shoes from being lost in the house. You can also pack your shoes in the designated basket.
– Reusable water bottles/yeti: Bringing your own water bottle/yeti will help lessen the amount of dishes. Don’t forget to label them!
– Sheets and towels: Check with your house guest to see if this would be helpful, but bringing your own sheets and towels can eliminate extra loads of laundry.
– Folding Step stool: Packing this can be helpful for small children, allowing them to wash their own hands and turn on the sink to brush their teeth.
– Dark sheet/sound machine/night light: All of these are great tools for encouraging your children to sleep later.
– Laundry bag: Prevents questioning what is clean and what is dirty when you arrive back home. Everyone needs one location to toss their used laundry.
– Simple activities/toys/games/ books: An activity box will definitely help cut down on screen time. Consider designing an activity box for each child. Build the excitement by providing 1-2 new activities or games a day.
Simplicity is a professional organizing company that helps people focus on what matters most. When you let to of the unimportant, you have more time to enjoy the things you love.
Simplicity is a team of highly skilled organizers which offers a variety of services. Their mission is to work alongside of their clients to help them create order in their homes and lives.
This year Simplicity is celebrating 10 years in business! Each month they will be giving away free organizing services! Be sure to follow them on social media for more details! #simplicity2020giveaway
Simplicity hosts Wednesday Organizing Workshops. These 90 minute sessions include organizing tips and strategies to help you manage the chaos and regain control of your home, papers, schedules, and life!
Giving back is a huge party of Simplicity. The owner, Laurie Martin, founded Simplicity Serves which offers complimentary organizing services to nonprofits and families in crisis.