Our Smarty friends at Chetola Resort have been treating visitors with a gorgeous holiday tradition for years, and it’s a MUST this holiday season! Chetola Resort once again greets the holidays with its drive-through tour of the Festival of Lights. The free display includes close to 30,000 lights throughout the resort and around Chetola Lake.
Drive around Chetola Lake to view glittering ice skaters, a Nativity scene, a colorful train, Rudolph’s “Holiday Catch” and so much more. The Festival of Lights begins at dusk on Sunday, November 29th and runs through January 31, 2021. New this year, a Nativity scene and additional light displays with music.
Blowing Rock is close enough to Charlotte that you can drive up for the day, hit the shops in downtown Blowing Rock and Tanger Outlets and drive through the lights on your way out of town – with hot cocoa and pjs for the ride home! OR, and even better, book a weekend getaway at Chetola Resort. How fun would a white Christmas in Blowing Rock be?! There is so much to do in Blowing Rock for your entire family to enjoy from hiking waterfalls (literally right off downtown Blowing Rock) to holiday shopping for days!
Here are some Smarty Tips:
– Weeknights have less traffic, so plan your visit accordingly.
– The lights come on at dusk and end at 10 p.m.
– Expect to be greeted by friendly security pros at the entry gate. They will take temperatures of everyone in the car and update you on mask requirements.
– Timberlake’s Restaurant (highly recommend) is open to “cruisers” with socially distanced seating from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. daily; reservations are strongly recommended.
– Set your GPS for 185 Chetola Lake Drive, Blowing Rock, NC 28605
– Visitors can also park and walk around the lake.
– Click here to book a stay at Chetola Resort.
Festival of Lights Details:
– Daily starting at dusk
– Address: 185 Chetola Lake Drive, Blowing Rock, NC 28605
– Phone: 800-243-8652
– Dates: November 29, 2020 – January 31, 2021
– Price: Free
About Chetola Resort:
Outdoor adventure and social distancing are long-standing hallmarks of Chetola Resort. This secluded 78-acre getaway in Blowing Rock offers guests nearly 20 outdoor activities without ever leaving the property. Activities range from paddleboarding, kayaking and canoeing to disc golf, hiking trails, outdoor yoga and more. Orvis-endorsed fly-fishing guide service is available too. When it comes to lodging, Chetola is really three resorts in one. Guests can stay in Chetola Lodge, the upscale Bob Timberlake Inn or premium vacation condos spread across the property. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at Timberlake’s Restaurant, with takeout service as well. A full-service spa offers a variety of massages and treatments, perfect for girlfriend getaways or me-time for moms. In winter, the resort offers daily shuttle service to nearby Appalachian Ski Mountain. And, don’t forget the secret walking path to the Blowing Rock outlets!