Was meal planning part of your New Year’s #goal? Yep, us, too. We know how it is: you start off strong on January 1 – amazing grocery store list, meal prep Sunday, healthy choices. But, then January 5 hits, the kids are back to school and activities, you’re back to work, and all hope of a meal plan vanishes as you wait in the endless Chick fil A drive-thru line.
Here’s a Smarty tip: Life doesn’t have to be a Combo #1.
Enter Simply Fresh to You. We’ve mentioned them before, but it’s time we mention them again. They are our go-to meal delivery service for so many reasons:
1. They’re local. Owners Marc & Patti Liersaph, who have a combined 50+ years of experience in the restaurant/food distribution industry, have really found a niche and at an affordable cost. It’s the ultimate #shoplocal.
2. It’s convenient. You may have seen the white Simply Fresh to You delivery trucks around town! Simply Fresh to You boasts an Exclusive Delivery System – there is no need to be home and it is guaranteed to be delivered safe and fresh (see www.simplyfreshtoyou.com for details).
3. It’s super simple. This isn’t one of those nationwide places that sends you a bunch of ingredients in a big brown box for you to figure out at 6 PM on a Tuesday. Most meals require 10 minutes or less to prepare. All meals come in individual containers ready to cook with specific instructions. There’s no chopping, peeling, or butternut-squash-dicing. There’s also less waste – the containers can be reused or recycled, and the cooler can be set out for pick up the next week.
4. It’s healthy and delicious. Some of our favorite entrees include salmon w/honey shallot mustard vinaigrette and garlic mustard glazed beef tenderloin skewer. They’re baked goods are amazing (snickerdoodle cookies – swoon!), and they also have really good kids entrees and the best homemade salad dressing ever – their balsamic vinegarette will make you cry it’s so good. You can make the meals as healthy as you want – they offer organic meats, whole wheat pasta, you can choose not to eat the sauces, etc.
5. It’s affordable. You’ll end up saving money when you’re not in the grocery store 3-4 times a week or sitting in the drive-thru AGAIN.
So, how do you get this amazingness delivered to your door? Sign up for their weekly newsletters. Every Thursday you’ll get the next week’s menu emailed to your Inbox. The menu changes weekly, but one thing doesn’t: all orders MUST be placed by the Friday prior to the week of delivery by 4 PM.
Check out what could be at your doorstep with Simply Fresh to You!
Note: These descriptions come directly from Simply Fresh to You. We’re drooling just reading them!
MARYLAND STYLE JUMBO LUMP CRAB CAKES:
“Our Most Popular” item on the menu and featured each week. As a Marylander we let the Blue Crab’s sweet & luscious meat speak for itself. We use very little filler so when we say Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes. that is exactly what you receive. This is Maryland’s Pride & Joy ingredient at its finest!
ASIAN GLAZED FRESH SCOTTISH SALMON:
Our Scottish salmon is farm-raised salmon that is raised in the crisp and clear waters of the Lochs in Scotland and are the highest quality Farm Raised Salmon available. The Salmon is raised using Panaferd which is a Natural and Organic yeast extract that helps give our salmon its super-rich orange color. Our Salmon is also raised without Antibiotics…EVER! And don’t forget that Salmon is naturally full of healthy Omega 3 vitamins.
The Asian Glaze is a mixture of wonderful Asian flavors with Soy Sauce, Dijon Mustard, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Minced Garlic & Ginger. A quick marinade and then into the broiler. This delicious, healthy meal is perfect for those busy weeknight meals
ANGUS FILET MIGNON WITH MAITRE D’HOTEL BUTTER:
This most cherished & tender portion of beef that we hand trim is enhanced with a generous pat of Maitre D’Hotel Butter. A compound butter made with unsalted butter and fresh herbs, spices and fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Served with Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and tender Blanched Asparagus Spears. This decadent restaurant-quality meal is on your table in less than 35 minutes and you take all of the credit!
CHICKEN PARMIGIANA W/FRESH TOMATO SAUCE & SPAGHETTI:
Boneless and Skinless Fresh Chicken Breasts are individually sized, pounded and lightly breaded in a Panko Bread Crumb and Parmesan Cheese mixture. It will then be topped with our flavorful, scratch-made Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses. Your meal is completed with our one-minute spaghetti. This delicious, restaurant quality, Family-Friendly meal is on your table in under 20 minutes. No Mess, No Stress and very little cleanup!
THAI MARINATED CHICKEN SKEWERS w/BASIL LIME DIPPING SAUCE:
Fresh Chicken Breast skewers are quickly marinated in a deep, full-flavored Thai marinade that we make from scratch! Once marinated, the skewers are grilled and served with our delicious Basil Lime Dipping Sauce. Quick, delicious and on your table in under 10 minutes