Smarties, we are so excited to introduce you to this week’s Smarty mom AND ultra mompreneur, Lindsay James! Lindsay is the owner and co-creator of the InfinityBelt™ and the NEW BootBand. If you haven’t heard of either until now, you’re in for a treat. Lindsay’s brillz ideas are making moms everywhere bulge free…have I got your attention now?!
Lindsay tells me that the InfinityBelt™ is designed specifically with women in mind. The smooth and sleek InfinityBelt™ does everything your regular belt is designed to do, but better. The clasp is flat and undetectable…no bulging, no bulk. No more worries about the belt buckle sticking out from underneath a form-fitting shirt. No more holes in fragile cotton t-shirts (those darn Anthropoligie shirts are the worst!). No more heaves or “crack-osis” (as my dad calls it).
The Bootband is the same idea – wear tall boots without the bulk and bulge. No more baggy knees or pirate pants.
I’ll let Lindsay explain more of how the InfinityBelt and Bootband came to be, but first here’s some important info. Lindsay is extending a 15% discount off the total order of the InfinityBelt or new BootBand including free shipping for Smarty readers. Go to their website to shop. Code is CSP15.
Enjoy getting to know Lindsay and happy shopping!
Smarty Mom: Lindsay James
Married to: Ray for 10 years
Child: Cooper James, 5
Years in Charlotte: 17 years
Neighborhood: Steele Creek
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Occupation: Mommy and Owner of the InfinityBelt, LLC
Tell us how the InfinityBelt line was born.
My co-creator and I were always picking on each other (in a friendly way) about our issues. I always had buckle bulge and she was always hitching up her pants from not wearing a belt. We sat out to fix both our problems with one simple and comfortable solution. At the beach almost four years ago we decided to create our prototype and go for it.
Why do you think a Smarty Mom needs an InfinityBelt in her life?
Women have enough on their plates then having to worry about a belt. When we get dressed in the morning we shouldn’t want to change because the belt pokes out under the shirt, or spend the day hitching up our pants. Nor do we want to get on the floor to play with our kids and have the gap stick out possibly giving a show. The InfinityBelt gives you a comfortable way to feel great and look great in your clothing. No more worrying about your pants not fitting right or looking right when you get dressed. With the InfinityBelt you can put it on in the morning and forget you have it on. Better yet, no unfastening the belt to use the restroom. It’s great to have a product that helps women feel better in the clothes they wear.
Where can CSP readers get InfinityBelts?
Our XXS fits a youth 10 -14 pants
Onto mom questions…
What is your favorite thing to do as a family in the summer?
Cooper and I always take a month long road trip in the summer to visit family and friends across the east coast and Midwest. My husband always flies to St. Louis and we have a great tradition for 4th of July with family that includes great food and fireworks.
What is your favorite restaurant with the whole fam?
We love Paco’s Tacos and Tequilla!
What is your favorite thing about living in Charlotte?
Charlotte is a great place to raise a family. We have great parks, food and the people are wonderful. It doesn’t hurt that we are so close to the mountains and the beach!
Charlotte celebrity crush?
My hubby. He’s a celebrity in our house!
Last meal you cooked, include recipe?
I made these with roasted veggies on the side:
Baked Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce (Paleo & SCD)
AUTHOR: Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
– 1 pound chicken tenders
– ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
– ½ cup coconut flour
– ½ teaspoon coarse salt
– ⅛ teaspoon pepper
– ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground mustard seed
– ¼ teaspoon onion powder
– 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
– 4 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all of the spices and coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
3. Pour the olive oil into a separate shallow bowl, and the shredded coconut into a third bowl.
4. Dip each tender in the coconut flour first, then lightly shake off the excess. Next, dip in the bowl with the olive oil and shake off the excess oil. Lastly, dip the chicken in the coconut shreds and use your fingers to press press the coconut onto the strips.
5. Place the chicken strips on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the chicken over and bake another 10 minutes.
6. Turn the oven to broil, and continue baking for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken has evenly browned.
7. While the chicken is cooking, mix the mustard and the honey in a small bowl.
8. Serve the chicken strips hot with the honey mustard sauce or sauce of your choice!
I am partial to Splurge and not just because they carry the InfinityBelt! They have great pieces and great pricing.
Favorite gal pals lunch spot?
Ilios Noches. It has become a tradition with many different groups of friend.