Our travel gal at Two Sisters Travel started this summer off right with a trip to Beaches Negril, and she’s sharing her insider tips with us. Whether you’ve been considering a Caribbean family getaway or not, after reading this you’ll definitely want to add a Beaches Resorts vacation to your bucket list!
Recently our family returned from 8 days of sun, sand, & all-inclusive paradise at Beaches Negril Resort in Jamaica. This vacation was very different from our usual fast-paced, jam-packed trips to Walt Disney World.
To my surprise the change of pace fit our family perfectly, and my children (ages 9 & 5) declared that Beaches Negril was better than Disney. This left me questioning why did we wait until now to take a vacation like this?
Aside from a gorgeous tropical destination, what made Beaches Resorts the ultimate family vacation destination?
1. Exceptional service. We’re HUGE Disney fans, a brand synonymous with great customer service, we’ve come to appreciate (& expect) great service. Beaches Resorts exceeded our expectations! Everyone we encountered from the time we arrived at the airport lounge to the time we left was friendly, helpful, informative, & fun. The kids even took notice and befriended several staff members during our stay!
2. Luxury all-inclusive. At Beaches Resorts not only is everything included but it’s top quality too! Food, beverages, entertainment, watersports, & even scuba diving…. we tried it all since there was nothing to lose! I loved being so relaxed, not worrying about accumulating a bill. And I never had to tell the kids no, which they loved!
3. No waiting in lines. Since we vacation at Disney often we’re accustomed to spending a lot of time waiting in lines. At Beaches Negril there were no ridiculous lines. None at the waterslides, kayaks, paddleboards, or any other activities. The longest line was at the self-serve ice cream machines.
4. Activities for everyone. Being at Beaches Negril Resort for 8 days we had an opportunity to try it all… land sports, watersports, waterpark, beach, evening entertainment, & activities/games. There is absolutely something for everyone, at anytime of day or night.
5. Balance of scheduled & unscheduled fun. With this being our first long vacation without a set itinerary and 8 days in a single place, I’ll admit that I was a bit nervous of the kids getting bored. That never happened. Beaches Resorts entertainment team does an amazing job of scheduling fun activities all-day & evening that you can enjoy at your leisure. Spend all day participating in scheduled activities, or spend all day doing nothing at all, the choice is yours.
And for momma, our Beaches Resorts vacation was far less stressful than Disney. Packing was a breeze because you’re in swim suits most of the time and there was no clock watching for dining reservation times or Fastpasses to make, and no Magic Bands to order! Beyond finding the right resort & room type a Beaches Resorts vacation is a breeze!
To help you Smarties get started in planning your perfect Beaches Resorts family vacation, I’m sharing a few basic tips or let us do the work and request a no-obligation quote online.
1. Choosing the right resort. With 3 Beaches Resorts, two in Jamaica and 1 in Turks & Caicos, which one do you choose? Each resort has an entirely different personality & amenities. We chose Beaches Negril in Jamaica for the smaller, more intimate size & the world-famous 7 Mile Beach. Beaches Ocho Rios is a bit larger resort but much smaller beach. And Beaches Turks & Caicos is over 3x the size of Beaches Negril, which means more restaurants, waterslides, activities, etc.! You’ll never get bored here!
2. What’s the perfect age for a Beaches Resorts vacation? Any age. Seriously! We saw families of all shapes, sizes & ages vacationing at Beaches Negril, even couples on their honeymoon. The nursery offers childcare from infants 6 weeks up to 3 years, and it’s INCLUDED at Beaches Resorts. For children ages 4 to 14 years old the kids camp offers fun activities for each age group.
3. Have special dietary needs? No worries! Beaches Resorts introduced their culinary concierge a few years ago to assist guests with special dietary needs before arrival. And while on resort servers will ask if there are any allergies and give you personalized advice on menu selections.
4. Get out & explore. Caribbean islands are beautiful & diverse. Pick an off-resort adventure (or two) to experience during your vacation. There are thrill-seeking activities from ATVS to zip-lining to exploring waterfalls, even swimming with dolphins.
5. Give back. On my personal travels I always enjoy giving back, whether its participating on a Reading Road Trip or simply donating school supplies through Pack for A Purpose, so I was excited to share the experience with my children. We participated on a Reading Road Trip to Mount Airy Primary School in Negril, Jamaica where we read one-on-one with the first grade students, and then spent time playing at recess. This was truly the highlight of our vacation, and the memories of my children playing soccer & hopscotch with the local children is one that I’ll cherish forever!
Beaches Negril Resort provided the perfect setting for the ultimate family vacation, one that we’ll never forget.
Start planning your Beaches Resorts vacation now. Summer 2017 rates are available, and airfare schedules will be published in the upcoming month or so. Two Sisters Travel can secure your package with a reduced deposit too! And our concierge travel planning services are always free.