A few years ago I thought bangs would do the trick. My hairdresser begged me not to make her do it. Curly hair and bangs are not a good combo, unless the year is 1980 something. I rocked my bangs then, and only then.
I was desperate for bangs to hide my lines …. AKA wrinkles. Horrible mistake, horrible. I’m also a BIG scaredy cat when it comes to needles, as in faint to the floor.
So, I never considered Botox. For quite sometime I have been jealous of friends that erased their lines with the help of Botox and equally horrified of photographs of celebrities that had a little too much done.
As my lines have gotten deeper and multiplied over the past few years, I have shied away from being photographed. I look old and tired in photographs that have not been photoshopped, and let’s be real 99% have not been altered. Well, I did it, I got injected with Botox and here are a few things that I learned:
1. The needle used to inject is so tiny, I wouldn’t even consider it a needle.
2. It does not hurt, at least mine didn’t. Sheri, at Providence Plastic Surgery was awesome at providing comfort and ease.
3. Less is more. After my injections we set up a follow up appointment in case we needed to add more and we didn’t. So happy the she was conservative with my injections at my initial appointment. You can’t take away but you can always add more if needed.
4. I can still move my face. I was afraid that I wouldn’t have movement, but I do just minus the lines.
5. I would recommend Providence Plastic Surgery to anyone. I have seen and heard some not so positive Botox stories over the years. The care, attention to detail and overall professionalism that I experienced with Providence Plastic Surgery was top notch. The boutique like setting was warm and welcoming and most of all uninhibited.
Smarty Steal: Diolaze BOGO free!
Diolaze is the next generation of laser hair removal. While all laser hair removal removes body hair, Diolaze does so in half the time–perfect for the busy mom or career woman who doesn’t want to wait weeks before donning a bathing suit or that little black dress. Using a superior cooling technique to provide maximum comfort without anesthesia and the one the largest treatments spot sizes available, patients undergo an average of 6 sessions to remove hair. Diolaze safely removes hair from many common problem areas, including bikini, legs, arm, back, armpits, neck, lips, legs, and sideburns.
Unfortunately, some patients with darker skin types might not be safe candidates for Diolaze hair removal. It comes with minimal pre-care requirements: you avoid sun and tanning (including self-tanning) for two weeks prior to treatment. Contact our office for more information.
Providence Plastic Surgery
8133 Ardrey Kell Road #203 (Same shopping center as Small Hands Big Art)
Charlotte NC 28277