Yiasou, Smarties! Back for its 38th year, The Yiasou Greek Festival is quickly approaching. It’s NEXT weekend – September 10-13 at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral (600 East Boulevard). This is one of Charlotte’s largest cultural festivals and one you do NOT want to miss. Come for the food, stay for the festivities – there’s so much to do, see, and taste. And, yep, we’ve got a giveaway for four (4) lucky Smarties – this one is QUICK so make sure you enter right this minute :-)!
Use these Smarty tips that the Festival’s own gave us as the must-see-and-do’s of the Yiasou Festival:
– Pick up your “Festival Guide” at entrance of festival.
– Make the best of your visit by dressing comfortably and travel with compact strollers.
– Learn the history of the Greek orthodox religion by taking part in a church tour.
– Enjoy live Greek dancing on 2 stages every 15 minutes.
– Enjoy the sounds of the Mediterranean as you indulge in Greek cuisine.
– Hot dogs and pizza available for picky eaters
– Don’t have time to stay? Drive up and pick up your favorite Greek foods on Winthrop Ave. between East Blvd. and E. Worthington Ave. For faster service, print the drive-thru menu, fill it out, and present it to an attendant servicing the drive-through line.
– Make it a special night for your loved one as you taste test some of Greece’s finest wines.
– Stroll through the many gift shops and take a piece of Greece home with you.
– Learn to cook like a Greek by purchasing A Taste of Greek Tradition cookbook.
– Pre-purchase ride tickets ahead of time.
– Allow the kids to enjoy the many cool rides @ the Children’s Play Land.
– Don’t hassle with trying to find a parking spot. Consider your admission ticket taken care of by catching a ride on the LYNX light rail (East/West Blvd Station) and using your LYNX ticket for a free admission into the festival.
– Consider your holiday cookie baking complete by stocking up on delicious pastries and freezing them for the holidays.
– Take a stab at winning a trip to Greece for just $2.00!
– Coffee drinkers must try a Greek Frappe and a baklava sundae for desert!
– Enjoy a lecture on Greece and browse the cultural rooms.
– Have your photo taken with a Greek Soldier!
11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Thursday, September 10th
11:00 AM – 10:00 PM Friday, September 11th
11:00 AM – 10:00 PM Saturday, September 12th
12:00 PM – 8:00 PM Sunday, September 13th
Festival admission is $3.00.
Children 12 and under are admitted free, accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For more detailed information on the Yiasou Festival, visit Yiasoufestival.org.
The Yiasou Smarty Giveaway:
Four (4) Smarties will win four (4) admission tickets for the Greek fest, a $5 gift certificate to use on food and a Yiasou car magnet. That’s a $20 value AND a super fun family night out.
Here’s how your enter:
1. “Like” this post to share on your Facebook page (make sure you’re also one of our Facebook friends by “liking” CSP’s Facebook page!) and make sure to tag the Yiasou Greek Fest.
2. In the comments section below, tell us your FAVE Greek food – is it the gyro? Baklava? We want to know what makes you drool!
That’s it! We’ll announce the winners via email on Tuesday, September 8th! Good luck!
Gyros are by far my favorite, but I also love to try new things.
I love Greek salads, Yum
Love gyros but also spanakopita. Yum. And baklava.
Pita bread and Greek salads are my favorite!
although it doesn’t fit my diet I can’t resist the Baklava!!!!!!!!!!
All about some Baklava!
Baklava…I love it!!
Spanokopita and baklava!!!!
Spanakopita & baklava!!!