Shop savvy with NC Tax Free weekend starting at 12:01 (yes, am) on Friday! The Smarty Breakdown is below! Oh, and this year we included some creative “think outside the box” ideas for super smarty savings! You’re welcome!
Clothing with a sales price of $100 or less per item.
Yes, all clothing! But, don’t stop there . . .
1. Stock up on aprons for housewarming or holiday gifts.
2. Buy bathing-suits for next summer.
3. Stock up on baby blankets to handout as gifts.
4. Get a super early start on Father’s Day gifts for next year and buy some new ties!
5. Got babies? In a word, DIAPERS!!!
Sports/recreational equipment with sales price of $50 or less per item.
The obvious list includes ballet shoes, athletic shoes, and helmets. But, don’t stop there . . .
1. Score some water goggles for next season!
2. Grab roller or ice skates for Christmas gifts! Or, throw in a baseball glove from Santa!
3. Hitting the slopes this year? Grab your ski boots now!
Computers with a sales price of $3,500 or less per item.
Items included are the central processing unit, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.
Smarty tip, if you have been eyeing that new iPad Mini, this weekend is the perfect excuse to make it official!
Computer supplies with a sales price of $250 or less per item.
Items include computer storage media, handheld electric schedulers (except devices that are cellular phones), computer printers, printer supplies for computers printer paper and ink.
1. Print as much as I do? Stock up on paper even if your tyke isn’t ready for computer work!
2. Is it time to back-up your computer? Perfect timing!
School supplies with sales price of $100 or less per item.
Examples include lunch boxes, crayons/markers, paper, pens/pencils, rulers, scissors, etc. But, why stop there?!
1. Buy crayons and notebooks for cute birthday gift!
2. Need to update your home office? Get it together with new folders, binders, and note pads.
3. Lunch boxes are cute for kids, but they are also perfect for moms on the go!
School instructional materials with sales price of $300 or less per item.
Think reference books, reference maps/globes, textbooks and workbooks. Not much creative we can think of here! But, I have been threatening for years to learn calligraphy, so maybe I will buy a book and give it a try? Maybe.
For the full breakdown and all of those nasty little “fine print” parts, check out the official website!
Now go out, and make us proud!!!