Well, spring is here and it’s time to talk showers. No, not rain showers. It’s time to talk about something way more fun, and cute – baby showers! It’s so fun to shower the expecting Smarty mom and baby with love and gifts galore. Here are some of my must-haves for any expecting mama to register for anybody else to gift to an expecting Smarty mom.
1. Boppy. These cushy crescents are fabulous. They are great for any nursing mom, as you can use them for support when cradling your nursing baby, or turn it to the side of your body if you hold your baby in the football hold for nursing. Lie the boppy on the floor center your baby in the middle for a comfy spot to keep your baby. It’s great for tummy time, too. When your baby is strong enough to practice sitting up, you can put the boppy around them to help support them and catch them if they tip over. Boppies have removable slips that come in a great variety of colors, styles and textures.
2. Grass Drying Rack by Boon. This super fun drying rack was an unexpected, but highly used gift in our house. We actually got two to create a “field” on our countertops. It’s great for drying all of your babies bottle parts, utensils, medicine syringes, sippy cups, etc. There are extra accessories like flowers and trees that stand in the grass that allow for easy hanging of bottle nipples and pacifiers to air dry. Not to mention it looks super cute!
3. Anything by Cloud B. In our house, we have the Sleep Sheep, Twilight Turtle and another one that I can’t seem to find on their site anymore. The Sleep Sheep is still attached to our 14-month-old’s crib and on some nights she falls asleep to the sound of the ocean, while other nights she falls asleep to the music from her Twilight Turtle, while it shines the stars and moon onto her ceiling and walls. The teddy bear she has was attached to her bassinet and played a heart beat sound. All of them offer multiple sound effects with adjustable volume and time options.
4. Take-Along Mobile. This smarty mobile was a life saver for us! We used it on the pack ‘n play, crib and even the infant carrier. The animals would swing and catch our daughter’s attention as they went round and round. The music is really nice, which is good considering it was on all…the…time! It never drove us crazy, which was nice.
5. Newborn Rock ‘n Play Sleeper by Fisher Price. We swore up that when we came home, our baby was going to sleep in her room, in her crib. Oh bless, as the southerners say. Our daughter had other plans. She would only sleep in our arms or in the bassinet in the pack n’ play downstairs. Within the first week we bought this sleeper and it was just what we needed. I pulled it next to our bed at night which allowed for easy access to our baby and I could also rock her without getting out of bed. When we traveled back to see Grandparents, it folds nicely for easy stowing. It’s also great for when we go over to our friend’s houses and decide to stay later than bedtime!
6. Bath package. Whenever I go to a baby shower, I always create a bath-time package. It usually carries Aveeno baby wash and lotion, as well as some Aquafor lotion – these were essential to keep baby’s dry skin at bay. I also include some stylish wash cloths, some baby bath toys and even some hand moisturizer for mommy.
7. Chewbeads! Chewbeads are hip, stylish and colorful jewelry for moms that are actually designed specifically for babies to chew. The beads are made from 100% silicone (similar to pacis and bottle nipples) and do not contain BPA, PVC, Phthalates, cadmium, or lead so you can feel safe when your little one goes to town on your jewels! The necklaces have a smarty break-away clasp and guess what? You can even throw these in the dishwasher for quick and easy cleaning. Can you tell these were invented by a MOM?! She knew exactly what she was doing. Extra Smarty tip: use the bracelets as a colorful reminder of which side you just nursed. Love?!
8. Last, but certainly not least – don’t forget about the Smarty mama!! Pamper her in a prenatal massage or a mani/pedi. It’s a nice treat for her and after all, a relaxed preggo will hopefully mean a relaxed baby!
Smarties – we want to hear from you! What are some must-have items that you are registering for or like to get expectant Smarty moms?
Great list although I would have to disagree with the Rock ‘n Play sleeper. My daughter had one and we LOVED it until it made the back of her head flat and she had to wear a helmet to correct. Read the reviews on this product – plagiocephaly is very common with this sleeper.
I loved as much as you’ll receive performed proper here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an impatience over that you want be handing over the following. in poor health without a doubt come more earlier again as exactly the same just about very incessantly inside case you shield this increase.