The holidays are done. Whew. Football is over. Good. Spring and summer are on the horizon…yikes! The impending dread of the kids yelling, “I’m bored!” a mere two days into summer break can be lessened with the news that consignment sale season is here!
Voted by Charlotte Magazine’s as the B.O.B (Best of the Best) of consignment sales, The Charlotte Mothers of Multiples (CMOMs) Semi-Annual Kids Consignment Sale is here this week! CMOMs will host its Spring/Summer Consignment Sale on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at The Park Expo and Conference Center in Freedom Hall. The Early Bird Sale begins Saturday, 2/9 at 7:30 a.m. and costs $2 to enter. Entry is FREE beginning at 8:30am. The Sale runs until 12:15pm and re-opens from 12:30pm-2:30pm for the Half Price Sale.
This CMOMS Sale has it ALL! Rows and rows of strollers, big wheels, furniture, high chairs, baby gates, dress-up clothes, clothing & shoes, toys, bottles, sippy cups, books and more! All gently-used and pre-loved. And the prices can’t be beat so stock up on everything for the kids – you know how fast they outgrow everything so why pay more?! You can even get a jump on the holidays and get the toys, games, video games, and more that they want at prices you like!
Here is a Top 10 list of Smarty Tips to keep in mind when shopping:
1. Bring your own bin, laundry basket or bag (like an IKEA bag or two) to carry purchases. Wheeled bags and rolling arts are now allowed but cannot be larger than 2’x3’. NO STROLLERS, WAGONS, or other items we sell are allowed.
2. The Sale accepts Cash and Visa & Mastercard! NO CHECKS will be accepted.
3. Don’t forget to check out the VENDOR EXPO section as you shop or on your way through the checkout. There will be a varied mix of local businesses promoting their goods and services sure to suit any Smarty’s fancy! It’s always a good thing to support our local businesses.
4. Bring a shoe that currently fits your children. Printed shoe sizes vary with brand and style.
5. Bring a tape measure or a knotted string to measure inseams, length of dresses, and shoes.
6. Be sure to double-check sizes on garment labels – do not rely on the seller tag! Also, double-check all items bundled together for sizes!
7. Consider buying clothing/shoes up a size because gently-used clothing may have shrunk with repeated washings. Find a pair of pants that fits your child well with a little room.
8. All items are sold by individual sellers. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD “AS-IS” AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. All items are FINAL SALE. Please be sure to thoroughly examine items prior to purchase. Although we demand high quality standards for our items, sometimes defects get missed.
9. Be sure to check out the High-End Boutique, which features designer clothing and accessories from designer brands and higher-end stores. This is a great area to buy special occasion or holiday outfits at a fraction of what they cost new (especially since they will only wear them once or twice).
10. Make a it a point to shop the Books section. You can get hardcover books in like-new condition for far less than you would pay retail. The Sale always has TONS of books for every age and reading level.
See you at the sale this weekend!