Blind Smarties, it’s your lucky day! We’re excited to announce an incredible giveaway from our Smarty friends at Providence Eye & Laser Specialists! One lucky Smarty will receive a $250 gift certificate to be used towards LASIK. You will definitely want to read Dr. Mozayeni’s Smarty tips below about this life-changing procedure.
What is the Most Important Step during LASIK?
If you are considering LASIK, you may be wondering what the most important step is during LASIK. You think, “It must be when the doctor aims the laser”, “…must be how they move the laser” or “when they prep my eyes”…
Truth is – the most important step is actually before you have LASIK. It is determining if you are a candidate. Determining candidacy is the most important step, because if you are not a candidate and you do go forward with LASIK, you may not have an optimal outcome or worse, have complications.
Determine if You’re a Candidate in Three Steps
1) First, find a reputable LASIK surgeon in your community. Start by asking friends, visiting web sites and reading doctor reviews on popular medical and healthcare rating sites. A cornea specialist would be the best-case scenario, since LASIK is surgery on the cornea. A cornea specialist sees your eye in much greater detail than any other type of Ophthalmologist and can detect minor corneal issues that may not make you a good candidate.
2) Next, schedule a consultation. It is industry standard for this consultation to be complimentary. A thorough consultation should take between 2 – 2.5 hours , it needs to be a dilated exam, and should include (but not limited to) the following:
• Vision history review
• Vision check
• Corneal mapping to determine corneal thickness & topography
• Eye health examination
• Examination by the surgeon, not just an optometrist or technician
Click here to find out other things to expect during a LASIK consultation.
3) The final most important step during your consultation is meeting your surgeon. You should be able to ask him as many questions as you would like and you should feel comfortable when speaking to him or her. Trust your gut. A second opinion is always a good idea no matter what type of medical procedure you are considering.
How can YOU win the $250 gift certificate?
You have to take the first step, start your research. You could soon be on the road to better vision! If you’re considering LASIK, then you’re in luck! You could save $250 just by entering this giveaway! We’ll pick our Smarty winner on Sunday, 10/21/12 at 8pm.
You’ll be in excellent hands with Dr. Mozayeni. You can read all about my experience with LASIK and Dr. M by clicking here. Dr. Mozayeni changed my life! Want to learn why the Providence Eye LASIK experience? Check out their interactive LASIK Experience where you can see, hear and read about why Providence Eye and Dr. Mozayeni are so special.
About Dr. Mozayeni
Dr. Mozayeni is Charlotte’s first and most experienced Cornea Specialist performing all laser LASIK and has performed tens of thousands of successful laser vision correction procedures. Providence Eye & Laser Specialists is the premier vision correction facility in the region dedicated to quality, not quantity. Your free consultation will be your most comprehensive eye exam you have ever had and they’ll let you know if LASIK is a viable option for you. They have the latest FDA-approved technology and are the only facility in Charlotte providing OptiLASIK in their state of the art laser suite.
*****Sarah Rowe is our winner!*****