The phrase “a place for everything and everything in its place” accurately describes my distaste for clutter. I’ve been in desperate need of a remedy for paper clutter – reminders, birthday party invites, to do’s and various paper scraps with something important scribbled on them.
Now y’all now that Pinterest is ripe with bulletin board examples however some of them require more tools and time and patience that I have access to. I wanted a project I could complete in an hour-ish. So, I trotted over to Michael’s and looked around until I found what I needed.
– large frame – I used this 24×36 frame from Michael’s (you do not need the
– cork squares
– spray adhesive
– fabric of your choice – I used leftover fabric from my kitchen table chairs
(1) Remove the glass from the frame.
(2) Attach the cork squares to the frame backing (the cardboard that comes with the frame) using the stickies that come with the cork squares and leaving no space between each cork square. Additionally, apply spray adhesive or adhesive of choice such as hot glue to ensure the cork squares are affixed securely.
(3) Cut the fabric to fit the frame backing that you have now covered with the cork squares. Cut the fabric a few inches over the frame backing so that you can adequately cover the cork.
(4) Glue the fabric to the cork using spray adhesive or another type of fabric adhesive (note: I used hot glue which was not the best adhesive for fabric however once the bulletin board is filled up, you will not notice it.)
(5) Re-assemble the frame (sans the glass) with your fabric covered cork board.
Voila! You’re now ready to demolish paper clutter!