Not sure if you realized it but St. Patrick’s Day is this weekend. Just when we thought Elf on the Shelf was tucked all snug in his bed at the North Pole, another holiday roles around that gives another little man free range to mess up our houses yet again (although on the bright side, it’s a night when I can bribe the kids to get to bed even though the sun is still out – I sure miss those December nights when Elf on the Shelf was my bedtime bribery).
There’s no time for relaxation, girls. I’m sure that sneaky little leprechaun is already busy on Pinterest “pinning” all sorts of ways to get into mischief. Green toilet water, green pancakes, underwear dyed green, and the like.
But this year, I’ve got something in store for that little guy. Our leprechaun trap is going to actually work and he’s not only going to be cleaning up the mess he made the night before, he’s going to be doing some odds and ends around the house. I’ve got plenty of small jobs on my spring-cleaning list that are low to the ground and involve little objects that’ll make him re-think some of those Pins.
Hmmmm, let’s see, on the list so far:
– Get behind the washer and dryer and find all of those missing baby socks that fly out when I transfer clothes from the washer to the dryer (no, we have not upgraded to that fancy front-loading machine)
– Clean the baseboards because I’m sure they were white at some point
– Fish out the Tupperware lids that somehow made it behind the refrigerator
– Clean up around the base of the toilet (all I have to say is: 3 boys + 1 husband)
– Sort the one million Legos in the boys’ room (actually, I might make him sort by Lego Star Wars ships)
– Pair up the Polly Pocket shoes
– Color code all the beads from the make-your-own necklace kit
– Pick up all those pesky Fun Fusion “things” (what are they??) that escape from the bin
– “Pinch back” the pansies because I think that’s what I’m supposed to be doing
– Find all of the Cheerios and Cap’n Crunch between the sofa seat cushions
– Search for all of my daughter’s missing hair ties that I’m frantically searching for at 6:59 am (where do they go???)
– Figure out how to “Spring Forward” my Garmin watch
Yea, those should keep him busy for a while, and I bet he’s gonna think twice before messing with us next year. Now who’s the lucky one, little guy?
Ladies, are you in? Get your lists ready!