‘Tis the season for holiday party hopping and if you’re anything like me, you’ve waited until the last minute to get a little something sweet for your hostess with the mostest. Never fear, Smarties, here are some ideas beyond the typical bottle of Merlot that won’t cost a fortune and are easy finds around town.
– Bread – a loaf from Great Harvest Bread Company (the cinnamon chip loaf is the best for the morning after a big party!!) or something homemade like chocolate chip muffins. Pick up a dozen Krispy Kremes for the next morning (or later that night if the party really gets fun!)
– Stationery is always a big hit – Paper Twist in Specialty Shops on the Park has pretty enclosure cards, notepads and stationery – plus beautiful wrapping paper! Love their Christmas thank you cards.
– A unique Christmas ornament – Hallmark, Crate and Barrel and Black Lion have great selections.
– A CD of your favorite Christmas tunes – or maybe even your favorite workout mix for when New Year’s Resolutions roll around.
– Stop by Pasta and Provisions on Providence Road – they have delicious frozen lasagnas, raviolis, sauces, and more. The hostess will love a go-to meal during the holiday madness.
– Homemade trail mix: Mix peanuts, M&Ms (I personally like the crispy kind in this recipe!), and Craisins. Pour into a Mason jar and voila! Munchies for later that evening!
– Speaking of Mason jars, sunflowers look beautiful in them. Adding a little ribbon around it will also do wonders. The hostess will love to see something pretty if she’s walking into a mess the next morning, and it’s a little more casual then a dozen roses!
– What is your hostess in to? Does she like to cook? Love the vintage-y aprons from Anthropologie. Does she love some pampering? How about a gift card for a manicure? Does she work out? I love Sweaty Bands (also available at Run for Your Life) – they seriously don’t slip.
OK, hope this inspires you to think outside the (wine) box ! We’d love to hear your ideas – what are some of your favorite hostess gifts?
Just FYI – if you order before Christmas, you can use “stockingstuffer” on Sweaty Bands website to get 20% off your order! Hooray!
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog
and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information much. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
Also visit my homepage home security
Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Appreciate it
My website lower back pain causes – Aileen –