It’s back to school time and I wanted to give you all a head’s up on some great products for your kids. Of course they are eco friendly but also very practical. Some products will require online purchase but I also found some of these at local stores! I will start with clothing. Remember the consignment sales are great. If you are going to buy new then I urge you all to buy one piece of organic cotton clothing. Gap and Pottery Barn carry some now if you are hesitant to buy online. Now, I know some of you buy boutique clothing at prices that are more than some of the organic cotton pieces. So no excuses! There are some really cute clothes out there now with a lot more variety of colors. Here are a few examples. There is a really cute line of organic clothing called Kate Quinn organics. If you can’t visit their Seattle showroom (ah, I wish I could just drop in…..) then check them out online. I posted a couple of pictures for examples. They are having some great sales as well. The two dresses posted here are on sale for $16 and $22.
Now for shoes…. We were just chatting the other day how expensive kids shoes have become. Stride Rite used to be middle of the road and now they are like $50 a pair. I figure if I am going to spend that much then I am going to Clark’s or Nordstrom for the kiddos. It’s crazy how fast they grow out of them and to keep spending $50 a pop. Then I found this line of eco friendly shoes. I think these are pretty cool and priced the same or a bit less.
Simple Shoes – These shoes are made from recycled plastics, organic cotton, recycled car tires and natural fibers like cork and hemp. – $42. Now more affordable than Stride Rite! You can also find these at Nordstrom, Greater Outdoor Provisions and The Walking Company!
For lunch boxes I would recommend the following:
• Bento Lunch Boxes such as Laptop Lunch or Mr. Bento.
• Crocodile Creek lunch bags– dinosaurs, garden and transportation designs. These are PVC, phthalate, and lead free. I found some at Bedford Falls Toy Store. Yeah!
• Land of Nod Answer the Lunch Bell Lunchboxes– Barnyard, Garden or Solar System- these are PVC, lead and phthalate free.
• Mimi the Sardine – lunch bags and backpacks as well as aprons and splash mats. Looby Loo had carried some of their products in the past and plan to do so later this fall.
I am trying really hard to rid my household of plastic baggies. Therefore, I highly recommend you all to get the Wrap n Mats for your children to take sandwiches to school. No more plastic baggies!
To reduce waste, I suggest you try these super cute reusable cloth napkins from Fabkins! These are kid-sized reusable cloth napkins made from 100% cotton. They are absolutely adorable. Sold in packs of 5. Of course you can give them any old cloth napkin and that will work just as well. My favorite drink container or sippy cup is Klean Kanteen. They have come out with some really cool colors now besides the traditional stainless steel color.
Here are some other fun items that your kids may enjoy!
• Smencils – made from 100 % recycled newspapers and when sharpened they give off scent. Examples of aromas are bubble gum, cherry, cinnamon, fruit punch, grape, orange, peppermint, pineapple, root beer and watermelon. $11.99 for a 10 pack. You can find these at Target!
• Stubby Pencil Studio – Great deals on soy crayons by Prang! 8 for $1 or 24 for $3. Check out their other art supplies. They also carry aprons for kids made from recycled juice boxes!
• Elephant Poo Poo Paper Journal by Bark Elephant– at Target – $12.99- made from recycled elephant waste fibers. Yes, elephant Poo! Crazy, huh? Too funny!
• Banana Paper Notebook – For $5.99, a good choice if the elephant poo paper isn’t up your alley.
• Wide Rule 70 Sheet Recycled Notebook by MAC at Target – $0.97 ( less than $1!)
• Paper Mate Recycled number 2 pencils
• Biodegradable pens from Vegan Essentials for $1.95 each. Writes in blue ink and made of corn. Target also carries these but a different brand at $2.49 for two pens.
• Cute Recycled Notebooks by Ecojot– can buy from Delight
• Green Line Paper Company – sells 100 % recycled portfolio folders and report covers.
Hope you enjoy the back to school tips and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Seeing that we’re talking green, I have a great solution to using plastic baggies for my kids lunches. They’re called wrap-n-mats and run for about $7 each. They are fabric with a BPA-free plastic lining and can be used for sandwiches or snacks. I have 2 for each of my kids and when they open them up to eat, they double as place mats to keep their food off dirty tables. Go to http://www.reuseablebags.com and click on sandwich/snack bags to help our landfills from so much plastic.
For the quintessential pandora sale Indian bride, the perfect pandora jewellery uk Indian bridal jewelry enhances her looks as much as her make-up does. Her beauty as the blushing bride is amplified not only by the pandora shop kohl around her eyes pandora 2010 and the different hues on her eyelids but also by the eye-catching Indian bridal jewelry that adorns her entire person, from head to toe.Although much of pandora jewelry the Indian bridal jewelry an Indian bride could wear is dependent on the new pandora beads size of her budget, she usually sees to it that she is bedecked with the pandora bead most lavish ones that she could lay her hands on. This is actually part of her presenting herself not only to her husband but also to the public. Because of pandora beads sale this, an Indian bride would want her Indian bridal jewelry custom-designed.An Indian bride would have her Indian bridal jewelry made, based on her wedding pandora glass beads trousseau, especially on its dominant colors. The type of precious metals and stones that will be used in making the jewelry should blend with the colors of pandora style beads her wardrobe.Indian bridal jewelry is not just one piece of jewelry worn by the Indian bride.