The Fletcher School/Rankin Institute Present: ORTON-GILLINGHAM TRAINING The SUBSCRIBER LEVEL
Date(s) - 02/07/2018 - 03/14/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Categories No Categories
ORTON-GILLINGHAM TRAINING The SUBSCRIBER LEVEL, presented by Joanie Gerken, Fellow/ AOGPE, is a five-part course offered to parents and other professionals to familiarize them with the Orton-Gillingham approach to teaching. This course is an excellent introduction for those who are considering further training in the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- An introduction to Orton-Gillingham
- Characteristics of dyslexia
- The neurological basis for multisensory teaching
- Phonology, history and the structures of the English language
- The Orton-Gillingham Lesson
Attendees of this course are eligible to apply to the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators as Subscriber members. Subscriber members receive mailings including lists of approved courses and conferences, announcements, and newsletters. Subscriber members are informed consumers but are not qualified to teach using the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: The Fletcher School, 8500 Sardis Road, Charlotte, NC 28270
Credit: 1.0 CEU
Registration is required. REGISTER HERE.